The best final drive belt for Harley-Davidson is what you have to take care of in the first place, making sure that it is reliable and durable. While there are many drivers who use drive chains, belts have their own advantages. It is recommended to think about final drive belts for your Harley in advance, so you can always have it in your garage whenever you need them. Losing a drive belt on your bike may cause you numerous problems, including delays in your trips. Now you have some time to pick the most appropriate belt for your bike to help you ride easily and safely.
Top-7 Final Drive Belts for Harley Davidson
- A.A Drive Belt – Replacing a Harley Final Drive Belt
- ROP Shop Drive Belt – 1967-1987 Harley Drive Belt
- Dayco HPX – Right Side Drive Final Drive Belt Replacement
- Dekalaii SPC-130-118 – Durable Harley Belt Replacement
- AOLIDA BDL Kevlar Belt – Suitable Harley Drive Belt Sizes
- Dekalaii SPC-133-118 – Must-Have Harley Drive Belt Repair Kit
- Jackma55 Rear Drive Belt – Sportster Final Drive Belt
A high-quality belt always stays unnoticeable at first glance. However, it is one of the most important parts of your bike. Your safety also depends on it. Pick wisely. I gathered my top favorite belts I’ve checked myself.
1. A.A Drive Belt – Replacing a Harley Final Drive Belt
This item works well on Harley models of 1967-1981 2 cycles. You have to check out whether you have the model that fits this demand. It is made of high-quality materials. The belt meets OEM demands. It is a reliable and durable replacement for the original belt. Without it, the vehicle will not run.
- Dimensions: 13.07 inches x 11.18 inches x 1.57 inches;
- It weighs 14.18 ounces;
- Good for: 1967-1981 2-cycle Harley Davidson models.
A.A stands for Automotive Authority. This company was founded in NC back in 2005. They produce prime-quality parts for vehicles. I personally like how affordable this belt is. You may try different items for your bike. However, I recommend you pay attention to the model before ordering these belts since it is not universal. You may also order several belts for the future, so they can always be found in your garage.
- High-quality material of the belt
- It meets all OEM standards
- The developer is NC-based
- The belt is durable
- Affordable price
- This is not a universal item, so you have to check whether it fits your Harley model
2. ROP Shop Drive Belt – 1967-1987 Harley Drive Belt
This piece is universal and fits well both Harley Davidson models of 1967-1987 and Yamaha 1978-1989 G1/G3. Before you order this item for your bike, make sure the model fits it. This item is a heavy-duty belt. It works splendidly for years. However, you need to take care of it as well as the rest of your Harley. Its length is 36 3/8 inches; the width is 1 3-16 inches.
Main features of the belt:
- Models this belt is made for: 1967-1987 Harley Davidson, 1978-1989 Yamaha;
- Dimensions of the pack: 8 inches x 8 inches x 2 inches;
- It weighs 13.7 ounces.
If you are looking for a durable replacement of the old belt for your cart, check out the year of its production, model, code, or serial number, if it is possible. Compare it with the description of the belt. It offers a tight grip. Forget about slipping problems while you are on the road.
- Fits multiple models
- Made of durable materials
- Tight grip
- Extra thick belt
- Price is affordable for everyone
- Despite the fact that the belt also suits Yamaha vehicles, you have to check if it is compatible with your model
3. Dayco HPX – Right Side Drive Final Drive Belt Replacement
This belt is compatible with Harley Davidson all models from 1970. It is 1 1/8 inches with carbon fiber reinforced material inside. It matches premium OE standards. This item is one of the most reliable and strong belts that fits the 1970 models perfectly. Before you order the belt, pay attention to whether your Harley Davidson is compatible. If you are not sure, contact the seller or company developer.
- Compatible with all models from 1970 Harley Davidson;
- Materials: carbon fiber;
- Dimensions: 33 inches x 13.5 inches x 1.3 inches;
- It weighs 6 pounds.
Dayco is an American-based developer. They produce parts for versatile vehicles at affordable prices. This item suits well for touring and adventures, streets of the city, and rocky roads. The grip is tight. However, I recommend checking the belt every time after you go back from the ride and before you go to the new one.
- Highly resistant carbon fiber
- Great quality
- Tight grip
- American-based developer
- Affordable price
- A limited number of Harley Davidson models
4. Dekalaii SPC-130-118 – Durable Harley Belt Replacement
It fits the new models of Harley Davidson. This belt can be bought by the owners of the 2008-2017 Harley. The belt is made of high-quality aramid fiber. Fiber-reinforced polychloroprene with an aramid mix reduces slipping during the ride. It fits OEM standards. My favorite part here is that it does not shrink or stretch, as many similar belts do. You receive the product tightly fixed and strong enough to hold still for many years. It also resists moisture and degradation.
- Compatible with the next models: 2007-2010 Harley Dyna Super Glide, 2007-2017 Harley FXDB Street Bob, 2007-2014 Harley FXDC Super Glide Custom, and 2007-2016 Harley Davidson Dyna Wide Glide;
- Dimensions: 3.94 inches x 1.97 inches x 0.79 inches;
- It weighs 1.2 pounds.
This belt is made of advanced quality polymer resistible to any road challenges. It is stable, and it makes your vehicle more stable as well. The developer offers you a quick test to understand whether your bike is compatible with this belt. Just pick the year, model, and brand of your bike.
- Resistant to any weather
- High-quality aramid fiber
- It does not shrink
- Makes the whole bike stable
- Affordable cost
- Check out whether this model is suitable for your bike
5. AOLIDA BDL Kevlar Belt – Suitable Harley Drive Belt Sizes
There is a Kevlar cord that makes this belt strong and resistant to shrinking and stretching. This item is originally made for heavy-duty bikes and high power. The rubber compound of a high temperature makes it flexible to the needs of your bike and prolongs its life. This piece includes an elastic fabric layer, chloroprene rubber, Kevlar fabric, and a Kevlar cord with aramid. The last layer is reinforced with high-quality rubber.
- This belt is compatible with: 91-03, XL, and 94-02 Harley Davidson models;
- Materials: Kevlar, aramid, chloroprene rubber.
It meets OEM standards and has been fully tested. The AOLIDA company offers an unconditional refund for this belt or a replacement for free. This belt holds versatile temperatures well. However, you still need to take care of this product. Don’t forget to clean it once in a while and check for possible damage, so it will serve you longer.
- Multiple layers inside
- Compatible with numerous models
- Guaranteed high quality
- Resistible to different temperatures
- Affordable price
- Make sure the belt is compatible with the bike
6. Dekalaii SPC-133-118 – Must-Have Harley Drive Belt Repair Kit
Check out the year, brand, and model of your vehicle to make sure this belt is compatible with your bike. It fits such OEM numbers as 40015-00, and SPC 133 118. The belt is also compatible with Harley Davidson models of 2000-2005 Dyna Low Rider, 2001, 2006 Street Bob, and 2005 Super Glide. Due to the high-quality materials, it is resistant to stretching or shrinking. It is also water-resistant.
- This belt is compatible with 2000-2006 Harley Davidson models;
- Materials: aramid fiber;
- Dimensions: 10.87 inches x 8.7 inches x 2.72 inches;
- It weighs 1.23 pounds.
This belt is made of aramid fiber. Anti-slippery polychloroprene fiber-reinforced material allows you to feel safe on the road. Developers offer universal 1 1/8 inches lengths. There is a quick test that allows you to find out whether the belt is good for your bike. Use it before you order anything.
- Aramid fiber
- Do not shrink or stretch
- Resistant to moisture
- Compatible with multiple Harley Davidson models
- Affordable price
- This is not a universal-size belt
7. Jackma55 Rear Drive Belt – Sportster Final Drive Belt
It fits OEM 40571-04B standards. This is not a universal belt! Use it only for a compatible bike model to avoid numerous problems and accidents. It works well on Harley Davidson Sportster 2004-2006. The tooth shear inside is reinforced; the belt is made of prime-quality carbon fiber. The belt is stable, and it brings stability to the whole vehicle.
- The belt is compatible with 2004-2006 Harley XL 1200 C Sportster 1200 Custom;
- Materials: Kevlar, carbon fiber;
- Dimensions: 12.13 inches x 7.87 inches x 1.77 inches;
- It weighs 13 ounces.
Forget about moisture or degradation. The outer layers are resistant to moisture. The material does not stretch after you put it on your bike; it does not shrink either. Kevlar inside the belt makes it extra strong. This item is also heat resistant. It is suitable for long rides on different types of roads.
- Kevlar and carbon fiber
- Resistant to heat and moisture
- There is an easy table to find whether your model of vehicle is compatible with the belt
- Affordable price
- The size is limited and suitable only for specific models
Best Final Drive Belt for Harley Davidson – Buyers Guide
To choose the right and high-quality belt, you should pay attention to important factors to consider.
Be sure to get a drive belt that will work with your bike model. To get the right size, measure your old drive belt and compare it to the new one. You will also need to check how many teeth it needs. The user manual will have this information if you are unsure.
It is important to always check the materials used to make drive belts. Some of the best materials used today include carbon fiber-reinforced and neoprene rubber. In the past, drive belts were often made with aramid, but this is not as popular now because it does not have as much tensile strength.
Drive belts made with rubber or fabric are less likely to experience abrasion, and therefore do not need to be replaced as often. These types of drive belts also tend to run smoothly and quietly. Another advantage of neoprene rubber is that it retains moisture, so belts made with this material do not need to be lubricated as often.
Low Maintenance Costs
If your drive belt often needs to be cleaned and adjusted, you may want to replace it with a model that requires less maintenance. Belts made from neoprene rubber and carbon fiber are more resistant to damage and won’t need to be replaced as often. You may be able to get 100,000 miles out of one of these belts before it needs to be replaced.
Quality Matches the Price
Although it may be tempting to save money by purchasing cheaper motorcycle parts, it is usually wiser to spend a bit more to buy higher-quality products from trusted brands. Not only will this result in a smoother-running motorcycle, but it will also contribute to your safety. If you are on a limited budget, try to find a more affordable drive belt that has the same quality as the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts.
Cheap belts may seem like a good deal at first, but they are not as durable as more expensive options and could break while you are riding, potentially causing an accident. A top-quality belt, although initially more expensive, will last longer and save you money in the long run.
Most Popular Questions on Final Drive Belts
According to Harley Davidson expert Martin Ginns, the belt can serve for 160 000 km in perfect conditions. I do believe that there is no such thing as perfect conditions on the road, so you have to learn everything about this item before going for a ride. I’ve gathered the most popular questions about belts. I tried to answer them as thoroughly as I could.
How long will a Harley drive belt last?
As you heard from Mr. Ginns above, the belt can last 160000 km. I believe it may serve you even longer if you find a perfect match with your model of the bike. Otherwise, you will quickly fall apart, or you will lose it somewhere on the road. This is why it is incredibly important to order the belt made for your bike. Don’t forget to make a vehicle inspection before the ride.
How tight should the drive belt be on a Harley Davidson?
If you have an engine with high horsepower, my advice is to place the belt tighter than on average. A belt that is not tight enough can break easily. However, not many drivers tighten it to the tension that must be reached. If you can’t do it on your own, you have to ask a professional to do it instead of you or to show you how to tighten the belt. Each model has its own tension deflection requirements. For example, Harley Davidson Sportster needs 10 lbs force and ¼ inches – 5/16 inches deflection.
How do you adjust a motorcycle drive belt?
To adjust the motorcycle drive belt, follow the next steps:
- Wear glasses and gloves and locate a drive belt;
- Measure deflection;
- Locate the drive belt tensioner;
- Loose alternator bolts;
- Add tension to the belt;
- Tighten the pivot bolt;
- Check the tightness.
The Best Drive Belt for Your Harley
The best belt is the one that matches the model of your Harley-Davidson perfectly. I tried to gather all the most spread models and belts for them. If you have not found the belt for your bike here, you may continue your search. If you have, pay attention to the quality of the material, reliability, and the developer.
I tried to pick only the most affordable options for you, so you can order not one but several items just in case. If you have used some of them, please share your opinion in the comments below. How long have you been using the same belt? How tight do you wear the belt?