Best Hidden Antenna Harley Davidson: Tips and Tricks
Harley Davidson owners usually prefer not to ruin a motorcycle’s outlook with extra details. This is when the best-hidden antenna Harley Davidson comes in handy. It stays invisible while providing the same high-quality radio signals as an ordinary antenna.
Nothing ruins the beauty of your ride. So, if you are looking for a hidden antenna, you may notice an incredible number of offers. Not all of them are great and durable. I have gathered my top favorites, which I checked myself, and trust their quality. I hope my list will be helpful to you. I also recommend reading brief instructions on how to install the antenna before your order arrives.
Top 6 Hidden Antennas for Your Harley
I had checked so many antennas before I found these top 6 that it would be hard to recall all of them. I usually recommend these antennas to my friends. I believe they are a total match of quality and a price. Read the pros and cons of each of them before you order anything.
1. 2-Pack Short Whip Metal Antenna – The Best Motorcycle Antenna with FM/AM/XM Reception
This 4 inches antenna suits perfectly to any Harley Davidson models produced from 1996 to 2019. The pack includes two antennas in black color. It is made of metal. This motorcycle’s addition catches XM, FM, and AM signals. It is almost weightless, with 3.2 ounces for each item. However, I have to warn you that the quality of the signal may not be flawless in rural areas. Mountains or canyons can break the connection.
Features of antenna:
- Length: 4 inches;
- Color: black;
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 1.6 x 0.5 inches;
- Material: durable metal;
- Weighs: 3.2 ounces.
Trunknets Inc is the company-developer that sells versatile details for vehicles, including antennas. They offer two antennas in a pack. The offer is savvy and popular among customers around the country. Before you buy it, you have to check the year of your Harley’s release. Despite the fact that antennas work smoothly even for limited models, like the 2016 ultra, you still have to check whether it is compatible with your motorcycle.
- 2-pack Short Whip Metal AM/FM/XM CB Antenna Masts for Harley Davidson
- Production Years : 1996 - 2019
- Antenna Size : 4 inch
- Includes 2 Antennas / Antenna Color : Black
- So please consider this before buying . This is Great Looking Antenna with Good Reception but for some it may not work as well as it worked for others and there could be many factors besides Antenna itself.
- Two antennas in one pack;
- Reliable, high-quality metal;
- Only 4 inches long;
- Simple to install;
- The price is affordable.
- Low connection near the mountains and canyons.
2. Rydonair Antenna – Top 7 inches Motorcycle Hidden Antenna for Harley Davidson
Made of high-quality rubber, it is flexible and stays unnoticed. The item has an advanced FM and AM reception that allows you to listen to your favorite tunes any time you want it. Due to the rubber material, this antenna can easily survive any unpredictable weather. There is a carbon fiber on its bottom that provides a tight grip on the mount where your former antenna was attached.
- Suitable for Harley Davidson models from 1998 to 2020;
- Material: premium rubber and carbon fiber;
- Length: 7 inches;
- Total weight: 1.27 ounces;
- Dimensions: 9.6 x 2.5 x 1.1 inches;
- Color: Black;
- Reception: FM/AM.
Rydonair produces antennas for versatile vehicles. Their products fit Harley Davidson as well. Instead of your classic long metal antenna, you may easily place this one. You don’t even have to search for other accommodation. I like the rubber coating mainly because it is extremely durable. There will be no rust even if you live in an area with high humidity and non-stop rains.
- Fits through: 1998-2020 Harley Davidson motorcycle
- Flexible Material: Premium Rubber outer construction for weather resistance & durability
- Low Profile 7” Stylish Look: Improve the look of your Harley Davidson by replacing your long metal shaft antenna. The carbon fiber column on the bottom helps the base holding onto the mount and also offers stylish looking
- Easy Installation: It can screw onto your existing antenna mount in seconds
- Reception: Designed for either AM or FM bands. It performs better in reception than other low profile antennas
- Easy to attach to your ride;
- High-quality materials;
- FM and AM reception;
- Affordable price;
- Harley Davidson models older than 1998 are not compatible with this antenna.
3. AntennaMastsRus Short Rubber Antenna – The Best Harley Antenna Engineered in Germany
This is an incredibly durable construction of EPDM rubber that can stand against 257 F degrees. The length of the antenna is medium, 6 ¾ inches, and yet it is almost unnoticeable on your motorcycle. Inside of it is a high-quality copper coil, which is 85 percent more productive than steel or aluminum. It provides a better connection to your favorite stations.
- Weighs only 1.34 ounces;
- The length is 6 ¾ inches;
- Dimensions: 7.13 x 2.44 x 0.47 inches;
- There is a 100 percent refund;
- Vehicle models: 1989-2020;
- Material: EPDM rubber and an internal copper coil.
The developer company guarantees a full refund in case you are not satisfied with the product. Its formula was originally created by the OEM manufacturer. It is a top-quality choice on the market. Despite the small size, this antenna offers you a premium signal without any gaps. If you lost the native antenna on your ride or want to switch it, you may consider this one. Pay attention to the fact that the antenna is compatible with Harley Davidson models of 1989-2020.
- STRENGTH - Durable EPDM rubber construction; Specially formulated flexible rubber specific for the application of an antenna, withstanding temperatures of 257 degrees Fahrenheit.
- UNMATCHED RECEPTION / PROMISED PERFORMANCE - Our 6 3/4" German Engineered Antenna uses choice quality materials, including a highly conductive Internal Copper Coil. While most short antennas are constructed of aluminum or steel, our copper coil is up to 85% more conductive allowing it to pull in stations most short antennas simply dream of. Simple Science, Real Results. If you're not 100% satisfied with performance, return your antenna for a full refund!
- EXCLUSIVITY - Our 6 3/4" is exclusively made for us by a premium OEM manufacture, its levels of performance and durability will not be found elsewhere. The authenticity of our 6 3/4" can now be found with our faint logo in the bottom of rubber molding. With countless hours of engineering, it’s important to have an assuring mark knowing you got the real deal. The quality level of our 6 3/4" must not be confused with attempted duplicates.
- EASY INSTALLATION - Mere minutes is all it takes, with an added minute to step back to admire the new improved looks of your bike.
- 1 PACK (NOTE: Not for CB use)
- High-quality rubber and the copper coil inside;
- German formula;
- Total refund;
- Extended signal area;
- The price is affordable.
- Is not compatible with all models.
4. CravenSpeed Stubby Jr Antenna – The Perfect Replacement for Harley Hidden Antenna
This antenna is tiny and almost invisible on your Harley. It suits well to the models made from 1998 to 2020. It was originally designed to replace antennas on Harley Davidson motorcycles, so it looks native. To install it, you do not need any additional tools.
Since Harley is the company that created their antennas almost identical, you will quickly attach it to the previous antenna’s place. Usually, they are disconnected in 2 places. Unplug it from the socket, and unscrew the actual device.
Length: 2 inches;
Materials: high-quality aluminum, stainless steel, anti-corrosion cover;
Dimensions: 0.63 x 0.63 x 2 inches;
Weight: 1.58 ounces.
The antenna was created by CravenSpeed, the US-based company. They use prime stainless metal to eliminate corrosion on antennas. This particular product is built from aluminum and covered with a special coating that prevents it from chipping or breaking. Due to the choice of material, this antenna will last for many years. It weighs 1.58 ounces. The company offers a total refund if you find any problems with the device.
- ✔ IMPROVE THE LOOK OF YOUR HARLEY-DAVIDSON: The Stubby Jr antenna replacement fits any Harley-Davidson Motorcycles (1998-2021). The Stubby is designed to match the factory base perfectly so it looks as good as the stock antenna on your motorcycle
- ✔ INSTALL IN SECONDS: You won't need any tools. Harley has made it easy for us and used the same size antenna on nearly all of their touring class bikes. We have yet to find a bike our Stubby didn't fit. Many Harley antennas disconnect in two places. One part can be unplugged from a socket & then further up the actual antenna can be unscrewed. If you are having trouble installing the antenna, make sure you have unscrewed the end
- ✔ MADE IN USA: Each Stubby is made here in the US of A. They are machined & powder-coated in good ol' Portland, OR. Even the boxes are made here!
- ✔ BUILT TO LAST FOREVER: The Stubby is All Metal. Machined out of billet aluminum & then powder coated with a durable black textured finish that will not fade break or chip. Stainless hardware eliminates corrosion
- ✔ RECEPTION IS KEY: If you are curious about reception; read the reviews. Although some folks have had trouble, it is actually really uncommon. If you are not completely satisfied with your Stubby, just return it to us
- Prime metal coating;
- The US-based manufacturer;
- Small size of 2 inches;
- Looks native on Harley Davidson;
- The price is affordable.
- There is a white name of the company on the black antenna that spoils the view a little bit.
5. KEYO1E Short Copper Antenna – The Best Short Antenna for Harley Davidson from Copper
Before you order this device, it is required to check the year, model, and production of your vehicle and find out whether the antenna fits it. Besides stylish design, this antenna may surprise you with its solid TU2 non-oxygen copper inside and the aircraft coating that prevents it from corrosion and other damage. It is short but powerful. It does not break during the car wash procedure or while you drive your motorcycle into the garage.
- It weighs 1.8 ounces;
- Dimensions: 5.4 x 3.4 x 1.4 inches;
- Length: 3.5 inches;
- Materials: TU2 non-oxygen copper, aircraft coating;
- Reception: FM, AM radio.
This antenna is simple to install without any wiring required. There is a bolt-on part that you can attach to your motorcycle with bare hands. It is extremely durable due to the materials that are used. KEYO1E offers high-quality products for your motorcycles and cars. They promise to get in touch with their customers as soon as possible.
- Please check vehicle fitment list to make sure this antenna fit for your year, make, & model.
- PURE COPPER MATERIAL AND STYLISH DESIGN - KEYO1E Antenna made of highly purified TU2 Non-oxygen copper material and aircraft coating. Strong anti-interference ability and high strength protection. Its mini design make the antenna shorter and better looking than the others, you will no more worrying about your antenna breaking off in the car wash or garage.
- EASY SCREW ON INSTALLATION - Direct bolt-on part, no wiring involved, no tools needed, easy to install by hand in a few seconds.
- RECEPTION INFO - This antenna main design is for appearance enhancements. As a general rule, strong stations will be fine and weak stations will be reduced. These antennas are made of pure copper and unlike the oem antennas, they are not amplified but look cool. More durable and longer lasting.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - Please rest assured that you have made the right purchase, KEYO1E Antenna is your best choice. If you have any issues about reception, please read the product description. If you have any questions or concerns, do feel free to contact us, we are always at your service.
- Non-oxygen copper;
- Compact size;
- Simple to install;
- Looks stylish;
- The price is affordable.
- It does not receive signals from a big distance.
6. Kuryakyn 853 Motorcycle Hidden Antenna – Long Distance Treasure Among Harley Davidson Hidden Antenna Reviews
This antenna can be installed on multiple types of vehicles, including boats, RVs, and motorcycles. The antenna transmits HD, FM, WB, and AM signals to your Harley Davidson. You may bend it if you need it on up to 10-20 degrees. This antenna has a shielded cable that eliminates the noise of engines. The antenna itself is 2 inches long of white color with black 2 inches cable attached. It is compatible with multiple Harley Davidson models, but I advise you to check yours for sure.
- Length: 2 inches;
- Materials: steel, fiberglass;
- Dimensions: 24.3 x 2.5 x 1 inches;
- Weight: 3.2 ounces;
Kuryakyn is a US-based company that produces versatile devices for cars. They offer a 1-year total refund if you find the fault in their product. This antenna works splendidly on long distances. However, it is bigger and heavier than some products I have described on the list.
- Full half-wave helical dipole antenna, hand tuned to resonance with special instruments and requires no ground
- Hidden AM/FM/HD/WB antenna mountable anywhere in almost any vehicle, boat, RV or motorcycle at any position; Bendable 10-20 degrees
- Uses 95% braided shield cable for virtual elimination of EMI electrical noise caused by engines, fans, wipers, and more; Made in the USA
- Includes (1) white antenna; Measures 2' with a 2' black cable
- Compatible with Harley-Davidson models: '96-'19 Electra Glides, Road Glides, Street Glides, and Tri Glides ('14-'19 models require adapter, not included), Indian models: '14-'19 Chieftain and Roadmaster, and Victory models: '10-'17 Cross Country, Cross Country Tour, and Magnum
- Accepts long-distance signals;
- Does not require additional tools;
- Made of high-quality materials;
- Compatible with numerous vehicles.
- More expensive than similar products.
How Do You Install a Harley Davidson Hidden Antenna?
Almost all antennas on the list are simple to attach to the vehicle even without instruments. However, if you see the wire inside the box, it means that you may need a couple of simple instruments like a Torx fastener. If you need screws, they will be in the package near the antenna itself. It does not take more than 20 minutes to attach an antenna to the motorcycle.
- Pick the proper antenna. You need to check carefully whether it is suitable for your motorcycle. There are some antennas on the list that are compatible with models from the 1998 year release, some from 1996, and some of them, like the Kuryakyn antenna, is compatible only with several models;
- Unscrew the native antenna. It is easy. Put your fingers around it and screw it to the side until it will get loosen. No need for any additional tools;
- Most of the antennas on my list already contain screw threads on one end. All you need is to put this end to the place where the original stock antenna has been and screw it in. It will take only a few minutes, even if you have never done this before;
- Try to sway it both right and left, back and forward, to check whether it seats well. If not, you have to screw it more.
As for antenna with a cord:
- Check out whether it is suitable for your Harley-Davidson. Some models may require a special adapter for this antenna. It is sold separately;
- Find the joint from the previous antenna, or unscrew it if it is still on your motorcycle;
- Get rid of the old antenna in case it is there;
- Connect the joint with the wire and make sure it holds reliably.
Almost all of the antennas on the list are bendable. You can change their angles as much as you need to get the best connection. Don’t worry; the base of the antenna will hold still.
Which Hidden Antenna to Buy?
I recommend you to follow your gut instinct only after you’ve read all the information on each of these antennas and possibly watched several tutorials on their installation. There is my step-by-step guide on how to attach the antenna to your motorcycle, which I believe you may find helpful.
Be sure all of the 6 products I reviewed are prime on the market, and you will not be disappointed if you pick one of them. However, you still need to take into consideration the model of your motorcycle, whether it is compatible with an antenna or not, and the specifics of your region. If you have tried one of the antennas on my list, please share your opinion about them in the comments below.