Best LED Headlight for Harley Davidson – Tips and Recommendations
I know that certain riders may disagree with me, but there is a thrill that comes with riding at night, especially on the country roads. For starters, there is not much traffic during this period, so there is just be you and the open road. I know this because riding at night is one of the activities I do when feeling stressed and want to clear my mind.
My name is Max Farmer, and I fell in love with motorcycles at the age of 13 when my father took me to the 2005 MotoGP at Laguna Seca. Ever since then, I have continued bonding with motorcycles either when repairing and customizing them or when riding, especially during the night.
Many motorcycle lovers will agree with me that customizing your bike is not only fun but also helps in improving its efficiency. Probably, the reason you hate riding at night is due to being fed up with constantly straining your eyes to see the dim lights of your headlights.
What if a professional mechanic told you that all your woes could change with simple customization of your headlights? Yes, you can gain benefits from a simple installation of technologically advanced LED lights. Keep reading my reviews of some of the high-quality LED headlights for motorcycles Harley Davidson.
The 10 Best Harley Davidson Headlights
If you are riding a Harley Davidson, you want the LED lights that will be efficient and will rhyme with the style and class of your machine. Instead of settling for just any lights, check out these ten best lights to buy. I have picked the models that proved to be durable, powerful, and stylish, so let’s start with the first one.
If you want a first-class headlight, Truckmall has taken care of you. The company has ensured that you won’t complain about LED lights that are compatible with most Harley Davidson motorcycles. Some of the models in which the lights can fit include CVO models 2017, 2018, and 2019, as well as Ultra Classic, Ultra Limited, and Street Glide.
There are three LED lights in this item. The main 7-inches headlight that is normally installed at the center while the other two LED lights are located on both sides for the better visibility in fog and measure 4.5 inches each. These are normally installed on the sides because they are smaller than the center headlight.
A combination of the three LED headlights for Harley Davidson motorcycles ensures that you can see the road ahead clearly whether it is dark, misty, or foggy. The lights do well in both dry and wet weather because the item is waterproof. Therefore, instead of parking your motorcycle just because it is drizzling a bit, with these lights, you can continue your journey and not worry at all.
The lights have the best illumination out of all the products I have tried. They produce 6000K clear white light. They can also produce 2600lm with low beam and 4000lm when the beam is high. This is bright enough to help you reach any destination at any time of the day. You can literally ride through the woods at night, and Truckmall headlights will light up your way perfectly.
I love the brightness and simplicity of these lights. During the foggy day, while other people park to wait for the weather to become better, I can ride and enjoy the empty road.
With these lights, you are assured of not getting on the wrong side with the authorities. The lights are certified for use by the Department of transport, SAE, and E-mark. Here are the good points I see about this item and its drawback:
- Fitment-- Fits for Road King, Street Glide, Ultra Classic, Electra Glide, Heritage Softail, Softail Deluxe, Softail Slim, Fatboy, Switchback, Ultra Limited, Tri, CVO, 1989-2019. NOTE: Switchback, Road King, Street Glide, Electra Glide and Ultra Limited needs ring to fix firmly, "2014 to 2019 "Street Glide Special" and "Road King Special" needs an H4 to H9 adapter( PACKAGE INCLUDED).
- Remarkable Lighting Effects-- Our lights are equipped with high intensity LED chip, which brings 4000lms on high beam and 2600lms on low beam, fog lights 2880lms. We are confident that our lights are much more brighter than other headlights, and the effective irradiation area is also more larger. We are not afraid to be compared
- Longevity, More Than 50,000 Hours-- Our LED headlight kit is consisted of Polycarbonate lens, which is highly shock-resistance and can work under temperature from -40'C~80'C. Besides, with heat sink design, we could provide better heat dissipation to ensure the lights work normally all the way. The lifespan of our LED headlight equals to 10 HID headlights!!!
- Scientific Optic Design for Safe Driving-- Color Temperature: 6000K, gives drivers the best visual during night driving. Plus our unique technology, the cutoff is very sharp and straight. It won't blind other riders or drivers, unlike other headlights on the market. Safe driving is guaranteed
- Worry- free After Sales-- TRUCKMALL LED Headlights are plug& play for most model. DOT& SAE approved, E-Mark Rating. 30 days return for any reason and 1 year warranty. Please feel free to contact us if you have any question when using our lights. Search B06Y5L6CZK if you want headlight only
- They are compatible with very many Harley Davidson models
- They have E-mark, SAE, and DOT certifications
- They are a bit costly
Most Harley Davidson stock lights are 7-inches long. And for this, they can fit any headlight with the same measurements. Sunpie manufacturer has ensured that this headlight measures 7 inches to make it compatible with most of the motorcycles.
The list of machines that can fit these lights is long. For example, they can fit in FLD Harley Davidson motorcycles that were produced from 1994 to 2017. It is also compatible with Trike and Touring that were produced before 2014. For the models produced after this period, the headlights require an additional adapter to fit.
As you can see, the manufacturer had every Harley Davidson biker in mind when creating these lights. I believe that if you see the quality of this product, it won’t hurt to use an adapter for the lights to work efficiently on your motorcycle.
LED lights are just like any other product. If they are not made of durable materials, then their life cycle may be too short. These Sunpie headlights for Harley Davidson beat other brands in terms of durability.
The housing material is made of aluminum, a metal that is known and widely used because it lasts long. It means that you can’t go wrong with these headlights because they will last until you that long that you will forget the last time you had headlight issues.
The product comes with six pieces of LED lights. Each of them uses only 7W of electricity. They produce 4500lm at the highest beam and 3200 at the lowest beam. This is still higher than most average lights, meaning that with Sunpie, you can go anywhere at any time you want. This, coupled with the 6000K to 6500K white light, makes this headlight set the brightest LED lights for Harley Davidson.
The lights have H4 and H13 connectors used in the installation process. It is very easy to install the lights on your Harley because it takes a maximum of twenty minutes. Once you do the installation, it becomes easy the next time you want to install or uninstall them from your motorbike. The lights have a visor that protects them from getting wet during misty weather so that they can continue working perfectly.
Here are the positive and negative sides of this headlight item:
- US DOT APPROVAL: legal on the road & Plug and Play & Built-in canbus & H4/H13 Adapter
- Qty of LED: 6pcs 10W LED/lamp;Luminous Flux: [email protected] beam, [email protected] beam; Connector: H4/H13; Work Temperature: -40'C~80'C; Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC; LED Color:6000K-6500K/White; Housing Material: Aluminum
- Fit 2012-later FLD,1994-2017 Touring Fit 2012-later FLD,1994-2017 TouringRoad King, Road Glide, Street Glide and Electra Glide,Ultra Limited models.... needs ring to fix LED headlight firmly ASIN:B017B8NL2M;2014+ Road Kings,Street Glides with dual beam headlight needs: B07FZZVVSP .2014+ Harley Davidson Touring,Trike models needs 3 prong plug: Asin:B018HSCD1K)
- Also fits heritage softail,fat boy;yamaha road star,royal star,v star;jeep wrangler jk,lj,tj,cj,2 door & umlimited 4 door;Hummer H1,H2,AM general hummer;Land Rover defender 90 and 110,honda cb550,porsche 911 and more. Package included: 1pcs 7" universal LED Headlights + H4 to H13 adapter
- Note: Don't fit 2018 New Jeep, 2014+ street glide extra wire kit:B076H42SN9/B018HSCD1K (package not included);
- The lights have a visor that protects them from draining with water
- Their rate of consuming power is low as it is between 10 to 30 V
- Very affordable
- They do not fit in motorcycles with a headlight spot of less or more than seven inches
Are you looking for a high-performance LED headlight? Wisamic has you covered. This company produces Harley Davidson LED headlamps of high quality. This Wisamic LED headlight is compatible with a range of motorcycles, such as Sportster and Forty-Eight.
Apart from compatibility, this headlight is easy to mount. Thus, it means that you do not have to look for a mechanic’s assistance when doing so. Furthermore, all the necessary installation instructions and mounting hardware are included in the package content.
Light brightness is something you do not have to worry about with this Wisamic headlight. It provides better color and light intensity compared to the common luminescent lights. Each light comes at 2800lms at 30W on low beam and 4000lms at 45W each on high beam. This means that you will easily identify signs and road markings even when riding at night.
Besides, this Wisamic’s headlight color temperature ranges between 6000K and 6500K. It means that riding in foggy and rainy weather will give you excellent road visibility compared to when using the ordinary headlights. Moreover, other motorists can easily spot you on the road when using this headlight.
Wisamic has also ensured that you do not have to go through the trouble of replacing headlights often. This headlight is highly durable as it is fitted with original Osram LED lamps. Thus, these LED lamps consume less power and are much brighter compared to incandescent and fluorescent lights.
A low power consumption means that they last longer, namely for 50,000 hours. Besides, the manufacturer has encased the headlight’s projector lens in a long-lasting black aluminum housing.
I like this Wisamic headlight because it emits less heat compared to similar items. Whenever I accidentally touch it, it does not burn my fingers compared to other ordinary lights.
The manufacturer provides a warrant for every headlight purchased, meaning that in case of any problems, you can contact the company within the warranty period. Also, if you are shipping this headlight, you don’t need to worry about high costs because it only weighs 1.55 pounds.
Here are the pros and cons of this headlight model:
- 🌟 EASY PLUG AND PLAY INSTALLATION - Direct fit 3 prong plugs(H4) on headlight.
- 🌟 DURABILITY - 100% original high-performance Osram LED lamps. Shock and vibration resistant projector lens encased in a black durable aluminum housing. Shock-proof waterproof(IP65). More than 50,000 hours lifespan.
- 🌟 OUTSTANDING LIGHT SPECIFICATION - [email protected] on low beam;[email protected] on high beam. Color Temperature: 6000K-6500K. Powered by 9PCS*5W on high beam.
- 🌟 BRIGHT PERFORMANCE - Super bright light pattern over standard incandescent lamps. Cut through the night. Valid irradiation distance is much more longer than normal bulb.
- 🌟 COMPATIBILITY - Compatible with dyna,low rider,wide glide,sportster,super glide,super low,nightster,sreet bob,forty eight,iron 883,seventy two,cvo breakout,softail and more bike with 5.75" round LED headlamp. Find more compatibility information in product description.
- Durable headlight as its lifespan extends up to 50,000 hours
- Exceptional light specification
- It is costly
Are you interested in premium accessories for premium motorcycles? If you are, then you will have no option but to love these Funlove Daymaker headlights. They are one-of-a-kind because of the unique features that you usually won’t find in the default lights.
These Harley Davidson LED lights are very light. They weigh only 5.9 pounds, and this weight does not affect the overall weight of the motorcycle when these lights are on. The lights use only 12V of power with 90W. This is very energy-efficient as it means that with a low amount of power in your motorcycle, you can still be able to use the headlights.
The Daymaker headlight Harley Davidson has a long life span. The lights can continue working efficiently when used for at least 50,000 hours. This translates to years of usage, considering that you are not riding your motorcycle every single day. Some days and even weeks, you may not use the machine at all. So, you can imagine that by the time you use the lights for 50,000 hours, you will forget the exact time you have installed them.
Don’t you love it when you can ride during heavy rain? When you ride in the rain with Funlove headlights, you don’t have to worry about them because the lights are water-resistant. This capability is one of the premium features that make these lights unique.
They are compatible with a countless number of Harley Davidson machines. A few of these include the 2004 to 2006 EFI FLTR and 2009 to 2013 CVO. If you own one of these Harley Davidsons, you can get this Funlove item and start taking riding even more comfortable.
Read below the pros and pitfalls of this model:
- Light type:Led,power:90w/H,40w/L,voltage:DC 12-30V,6000K color temperature,durable,waterproof ,shockproof,dustproof.
- With contrasting black backplate,black bezel,high beam and low beam for double headlight motorcycle option,12 cree led chips.
- Features dual headlamp housings mounted to a common back plate for easy installation ,replace stocked headlamp conversion kit perfectly.
- LED Lamps are brighter and whiter in color and provide a superior light pattern over standard incandescent lamps.compared to the yellow light of a traditional halogen bulb, the LED lamp produces a daylight color impression that appears more natural to the user.
- Fits for 2004-2013 harley-davidson road glide headlamps with black backplate.2004 EFI FLTRI,2005 EFI FLTRI,2006 EFI FLTRI,2007 FLTR,2008 FLTR,2008 Anniversary FLTR,2009 CVOF LTRSE3,2009 FLTR,2010 Custom FLTRX,2011 Ultra FLTRU,2011 CVO Ultra FLTRUSE,2011 Custom FLTRX,2012 Ultra FLTRU,2012 CVO Custom FLTRXSE,2012 Custom FLTRX,2013 Ultra FLTRU,2013 CVO Custom FLTRXSE2,2013 CVO Custom Anniversary FLTRXSE2,2013 Custom FLTRX.
- They have a sleek design that makes them look classy
- Very light
- 6000K white light temperature
- Water and dust-resistant water
- They are expensive
The Sunpie LED is another stylish product you should consider if you search for high-quality headlights. Sunpie has invested in this headlight to ensure good road visibility, even in low light conditions.
By using LED in place of halogen lights in its newest design, Sunpie has ensured that you will no longer struggle with riding during bad weather conditions. This is because LED lights shine brighter than halogen lights. Also, LED lights consume much less energy, which ensures that you will save your battery power better. So, keep reading this Harley Davidson LED headlight review to know more about this product.
If you are concerned about its ability to provide sufficient lighting, this headlight’s LED color ranges between 6000K and 6500K. This means you will ride as if in the daylight when, in fact, there is poor lighting.
In addition, it’s operating voltage ranges between 10 and 30 volts. It is also fitted with an internal fan that cools down the system in case of too much heat. The aluminum material used ensures durability and resistance to corrosion.
Another benefit of using this headlight is that you will not get into trouble with the department of transportation (DOT). The product is at par with the set standards for headlights. It has a DOT symbol to confirm the approval of the association.
What stands out about this headlight is that its manufacturer provides a warranty for one year. Also, I am impressed by the fact that the headlight can be used with a variety of motorcycles. Among them are Street Glide and the Harley Davidson Road King.
Check out the good and bad sides of this headlight:
- Fit 2012-later FLD,1994-2020 Touring（NOTE: 2014+ Road Kings,Street Glides with dual beam headlight needs: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FZZVVSP; FLHTCU Ultra Classic need passing light trim brackets: B01IP2IZ7E)
- DOT approval, legal on the road & One year quality warranty & Plug and Play & Built-in canbus & H4/H13 Adapter
- Qty of LED: 4pcs 10W LED/lamp;Luminous Flux: [email protected] beam, [email protected] beam; Connector: H4/H13
- Work Temperature: -40'C~80'C; Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC; LED Color:6000K-6500K/White; Housing Material: Aluminum
- Newest Fantastic Design LED Headlight replaces original halogen and HID headlight, Maintenance Free, Water-proof IP65; Package included: 1pcs LED Headlights + 2pcs 4.5" LED Fog Light + 1pcs Ring(Note: Fog lights bracked isn't included, P/N 68755-93TA. Replaces p/n68725-62)
- Sufficient lighting in poor visibility conditions
- Fitted with aluminum housing material, which makes it durable and easy to maintain
- DOT approved
- Fog lights bracket is not included in the package
Although these lights are meant for Harley motorcycle owners, we all operate on different budgets. One may be having a few bucks to spend while another may be operating on a very tight budget. If you are not willing to spend much on the headlights and still look for a reliable item, Truckmall 5.75-inches headlight shows the best quality for its cost.
You get an advantage of a lightweight when using this headlight. It weighs 1.9 pounds only, so you may feel the difference in the weight compared to using a headlight that has 7 pounds.
If you have read a review above for a 7-inch headlight and disappointed because your motorcycle has a stock light of 5.75 inches, this Truckmall is what you need. It can fit any Harley Davidson with 5.75 inches. For example, it can fit on Low Rider, Cross Bones, and Street 500 made in 1994 to 2017.
It can also fit more other brands. In my opinion, it is nice to have a universal headlight. On the highest beam, the light can illuminate up to 4000lms, and on a low beam, it can emit up to 2600lms. It is made of polycarbonate that lasts longer than PMMA, which is used to make most of the ordinary headlights.
It is very easy to connect to the motorcycle using the H3 connectors. There is no wiring that needs to be done, and no technical capabilities are required for the installation. You can read the manual and do it by yourself within twenty minutes. Check out the pros and the drawback I want to note about this model:
- Fitment: Fits for any Harley Davidson Motorcycle with 5.75inches stock headlight, such as: Fit for Dyna Super Glide, Street Bob, Wide Glide, Iron 883, Low Rider, Dyna Convertible, Springer Softail, Heritage Springer, Softail Standard, Night Train, Night Rod Special, Softail Deuce, Sportster 1200, Sportster 883, Breakout, Cross Bones, SuperLow, XR1200, Street 500, 700, Seventy Two. 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017
- Also fits some motorcycles: Fits for 2017 Victory Gunner, 2016 Victory Vegas 8 Ball, 2017 Victory Octane, 2012 Victory Highball, 2013-2014 Triumph Thunderbird Storm, 2014-2015 Triumph Rocket Roadster, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Roadster, 2012 Truimph Rocket 3 Roadster, 2015 Indian Scout, 2016 Indian Scout ABS, 2017 Indian Scout, 2008 Crossbones. ( Note: It may need to do some slight modifications, not a big deall )
- Super Bright: DOT SAE, E-Mark Approved. With high intensity LED chip, much brighter and durable than other headlights. 4000lms on high beam and 2600lms on low beam. 6000K pure white light. The effective irradiation area is more larger than normal bulb. Really light up the road for safer driving.
- Easy to Install: No extra wire harness or ring is requried. Plug and Play. Very straightforward. Usually only take about 10 minutes to install the light. 30 days return for any reason and 1 year warranty. If you have question, please feel free to contact us or leave down your question at the page below. (Customer questions & answers column).
- Durable: Made of Polycarbonate lens which is more resistant than other headlights with fragile PMMA. With IP65 waterproof protection grade. They can work well in a variety of weather conditions.
- The headlight is made of durable polycarbonate material
- It can fit motorcycles manufactured in the 2000s and even in the 90s
- It does not require technical knowledge to install
- For it to fit on some models, you have to make complex adjustments
I love this brand because they manufacture headlights that enhance visibility without blinding everyone else on the road. Although this item may not be as bright as more powerful LED lights, it illuminates 3600lm on high beam and 2400lm on low beam. This is sufficient enough for you to see the road ahead and not to block the vision of other drivers on the road.
The product lasts for more than 50,000 hours. Thus, it can work for several years, depending on the frequency of your rides. The headlight bulb Harley Davidson is made of die-cast aluminum, which is a long-lasting material. It is also made with the use of a PMMA lens that resists dust and is also shockproof.
The item is very simple to install as it consists of only one headlight and a connector. You have to set the connector in position and then, mount the light on the motorcycle.
It irradiates over a longer distance compared to ordinary headlights. In addition to the simplicity of use, the headlight weighs only 2.9 pounds. The lightness adds to the sleek design of the lights and contributes to increased stability while on the road. Here are the positives and a drawback if to summarize:
- HIGH PERFORMANCE6000K color temperature with 4800LM high beam and 3200LM low beam make you vision clearer .DOT Approved,legal on the road, over 50000 hours above life time.Maintenance Free, Water-proof IP67 means the 7" 75W round led hedlight still work normally even entirely -into the water,Effective against rain and snow and heavy fog weather.
- HIGH QUATITYTURBO SII LED headlight made with original Chips,50% brighter than brighter than other similar headlight.Newest Fantastic Design LED Headlight replaces original halogen and HID headlights.Durable PC lens for scratch resistant.Bie casing aluminum enables a quicker heat disspation
- EASY INSTALLATIONPlug & Play, 1 set harley conversion adapter Included. You can install the pojector round led headlights in 20 minutes or less, no need extra decoder anymore!
- FITMENTHarley-Davidson Road King,Ultra Classic,Ultra Limited,Heritage Softail Deluxe,Electra Glide,Fat Boy,Hd Street Glide,Flhtc Flhtcui Flstc Flhtcu Flhtk Flhp,05 Cvo;Yamaha V-Star 1100 Classic,Royal Star Tour Deluxe,Other Harley Davidson Models With 7" Round Headlight.
- SERVICE GUARANTEEPackage include1 x 7 inch round led headlight;1 set harley conversion adapter for headlight.We will provide the 7" led headlight with a one-year warranty and lifetime service support.If you are not sure whether this headlight is suitable for your car model,please contact us at any time
- Very light
- Simple design
- Easy to install
- It can also fit a Jeep Wrangler
- Its price is slightly higher than for other LED lights
If you are looking to swap halogen bulbs for LED lights, Bicyaco has a good option for you. This is the 5.7-inches LED headlight that is built to fit most Harley models with 5-3/4 inch round headlights. These include Iron 883, Dyna Convertible, and Street bob.
Like other Harley Davidson LED headlights, this one from Bicyaco is fitted with LED chips, which differentiates it from OEM halogen bulbs. This specific headlight model is made using Osram LED chips, which ensure high performance and provide quality lighting.
This product is built using a high-quality projector lens. This lens is cased with long-lasting aluminum alloy housing. This makes it highly resistant to vibrations and shocks.
Additionally, the item is both water and dustproof, meaning that water and dust cannot hamper the performance of your headlight. Furthermore, it can last for more than 50,000 hours. The trickle down effect of this is that you will not spend money on maintenance or frequent repairs.
About other features of this headlight from Bicyaco, it provides excellent lighting compared to the OEM halogen lights. With a high beam power of 45 watts, it delivers 4000lumen, and a low beam of 30 watts comes at 2800 lumen, so this headlight has a long valid irradiation distance. This means that you have clearer visibility of more miles ahead compared to what you would have with a halogen bulb.
With the approval of this headlight from such organizations as DOT, E-Mark, and SAE, you should not worry about being on the wrong side of the law when using this headlight. Besides this, it weighs only 1.85 pounds, which means it won’t contribute to the weight of your bike greatly.
I like this headlight model because it is very easy to install. All you need to do is directly fit the prong plugs on your headlight. If you are swapping your halogen bulbs for this headlight, you will need no modification as you can plug the headlight in instead. Here are the pros and a con of this model:
- Installation: Real plug and play, direct fit Harley model 3 prong plugs on headlight. No modification needed.
- Quality: 100% original high-performance Osram LED Chips. High quality projector lens built in durable aluminum alloy housing, shock-resistant and vibration-resistant. Color Temperature: 6000K, most close to sunlight. More than 30, 000 hours lifespan.
- Approval: DOT, SAE, E-Mark approved, legal to drive on the road, waterproof and dustproof.
- Lighting: Valid irradiation distance for high/low beam is much longer than OEM halogen bulbs. High beam 45Watt 4000lumen, low beam 30Watt 2800lumen
- Fitment: Most Harley model with 5-3/4Inch round headlight like Street Bob, Sportster 1200, Wide Glide, Dyna Super glide, Super low, Low Rider, Springer Softail, nightster, Dyna Convertible, Street bob, Heritage Springer, Softail Standard, Night Train, Night Rod, Softail Deuce, Forty- eight, Iron 883, Breakout, Rocker C, Cross Bones, XR1200, Street 500, 700. 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018
- It is very easy to mount and fasten
- Superior brightness over halogen bulbs
- Dustproof and waterproof
- Not compatible with some motorcycle models
For those that value simplicity but, at the same time, do now want to compromise on quality, the 7″ LED headlamp may be an ideal choice. It has been designed to perform its roles efficiently.
The black color of its external housing complements your bike’s general appearance. It simply matches the shiny black, blue, or red colors that are common among motorcycles. Its external shell is also made from quality die-cast aluminum. This implies that the item is not only weather-resistant, but you can also be assured of its durability.
The Ausi 7-inches headlight ensures you do not have to worry about the fog. This kit comes equipped with two 4.5-inches fog lights for such weather conditions.
From a functionality perspective, the Ausi headlight makes use of strong bright white LEDs that have a color temperature of about 6500K. This implies that it is strong enough to provide you with a white glow during the night that makes it feel like riding under the natural sun. Also, this is all thanks to the powerful 60W LED chip.
What this offers you is high illumination and high power conservation to help save on your battery. The brightness of this headlight is further complemented by the lens that provides high-quality performance and clarity during the night. Both of these features contribute to this headlight’s ability to provide a broad beam during the night. This is particularly a good feature for riders that like exploring roads at night.
Another innovative feature that comes with the Ausi 7-inches model is incorporated electromagnetic compatibility. It eliminates the chances of your lights flickering when used together with other functions such as your radio. This inbuilt component implies that you do not have to spend another time buying an additional anti-flicker adaptor.
I have been using this headlight for some time, and I have seen no drawbacks of this model besides a bit complicated installation. So, there’s it’s good and bad points highlighted below:
- Fitment: Fit for Road King, Street Glide, Ultra Classic, Electra Glide, Heritage Softail, Softail Deluxe, Softail Slim, Fatboy, Switchback, Ultra Limited, Tri, CVO Models.1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018. Note: "2014 to 2018 Street Glide Special ( not regular ) and Road King Special" need an H4 to H9 adapter.
- Super Bright: DOT SAE Certified. With high intensity LED chip, much brighter and durable than other headlights. The effective irradiation area is also more larger than other lights. Really light up the road for safer driving. 6000K pure white light.
- Scientific Optic Design: We have done several design improvements, and repeated tests, completed the requirements of driving safety. With our unique technology, the cutoff is very sharp and straight. It won't blind other riders or drivers like other headlights.
- Easy to Install: New design for easier installation. Plug and Play for most models. 12-24V DC. 30 days return for any reason and 1 year warranty. With excellent waterproof performance, they can work well in a variety of weather conditions. NOTE: FLHTCU Ultra Classic need passing light trim brackets: B01IP2IZ7E.
- Package included:1pc 7" led headlight,2 pcs 4.5" passing lamps,1 set of conversion harness adapter for Harley, mounting bracket ring and necessary hardwares for installation.All the products have a 1 year warranty.
- Both DOT and SAE certified
- They come equipped with an inbuilt EMC adapter to ensure they do not flicker
- Gives a high illumination for minimal power consumption
- The product’s installation may be confusing
For those riders seeking economical ways of improving their night visibility, the Suparee 7-inches LED headlight may be the way to go. The kit contains a 7-inches headlight and two 4.5-inches fog lights that are powered with 10-30 volts DC current.
The lights contain a 10 watts LED chip that increases their brightness in both high and low beams. The chip also offers you a high-intensity white illumination with a color temperature ranging from 6000 to 6500K. Two fog lights, on the other hand, provide you with maximum illumination when riding under harsh weather conditions.
The best thing about this Suparee 7-inches LED headlight is that the illumination it offers guarantees that you will remain visible to all other motorists. This applies to even when using a low beam. This is all thanks to its D-shaped projector lens that makes it possible to focus light on a broader distance that is visible both at the front and the back. As part of my review rating, this is a strong plus because it contributes to increased road safety.
Another quality feature with the Suparee 7-inch is its use of a 4D round projector lens. Those that overstrain their eyes while riding in the dark are going to love this attribute. It projects your beam distance in front of you. Even better is the fact that even with this projection, you will still not be a surprise for oncoming drivers.
These LED headlights use solid cast aluminum material as their external housing. Combined with its IP67 waterproof design, this material ensures your lights will still remain functional even during the heavily rainy days. The aluminum also helps in increasing the durability of your headlights.
As a bonus, all these exciting features are topped up by the ease of installing these headlights. If you carefully follow the manual provided, you will not even require the assistance of a technician to fit the headlight into your bike. Here are the advantages and one con I noticed about this item:
- Fits for most of Harley Motorcycle,such as 2012-later FLD,1994-2013 Touring (except Road Glide,Street Glide) 2009-2013 Trike models. Also fits 1994-later Softail models equipped with Freight Train Headlamp Nacelle Kit (needs ring to fix LED headlight firmly,ASIN:B01DDE589C);2006-2010 FLHTCUSE models require separate purchase of wiring Harness.More information,plz check Production Description.
- Simple installation - Plug & Play ( except 2014+ Harley Davidson Touring and Trike models need a adapter & LED Canbus & H4/H13 Adapter).Any questions,plz contact us.
- Qty of LED: 4pcs 10W LED/lamp;Luminous Flux: [email protected] beam, [email protected] beam; Connector: H4/H13.
- Work Temperature: -40'C~80'C; Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC; LED Color:6000K-6500K/White; Water-proof IP65; Housing Material: Aluminum.
- Newest Fantastic Design LED Headlight replaces original halogen and HID headlight, Maintenance Free;Package included: 1 Pcs LED Headlights + 2 Pcs 4.5" Led Fog Light. Full 100% satisfaction AFTER-SALES included. If there are any issues, simply reach out to us. Get one risk free!
- It has an IP67 rating, which means that its design is both water and dustproof
- The external shell is made of aluminum material that improves its durability
- It incorporates both 4D and D-shaped projector lenses that help to focus the headlight’s beam to a longer and broader distance
- It does not come with an inbuilt anti-flicker adapter
The Best LED Headlight for Harley Davidson – Things to Note
While I have reviewed some of the best LED headlights for Harley Davidson, you may be wondering about some of the features taken into consideration. The review may have left you a shortlist of about three headlights worth buying. The following information may help you to narrow down the list to one.back to menu ↑
What to Look for When Buying LED Headlights?
Among the common aspects to look for when buying the headlights are the following:
- The power consumption of the LED bulb. One characteristic that most consumers love about LED lights is their low power consumption rates. It is advisable to aim for those bulbs that have an average of 30 watts in order not to compromise on their brightness and still get powerful lights.
- Brightness and color temperature. When choosing LED bulbs, it is advisable to look for a color that is suitable to your needs and a color temperature that matches it. This guarantees your strong illumination during the night. Also, getting a LED bulb that incorporates 4D and D-shaped projector lenses helps in improving their effectiveness. The idea is that this innovative technology helps to increase the beam distance of your LED lights.
- The material of the external casing. The outer shell of your headlight will help to determine its durability. For example, those made from aluminum material are both water-resistant and durable. I recommend going for a waterproof model and not get worried about weather conditions anymore.
- Anti-flicker adapter. Another important attribute when buying LED headlights Harley Davidson is selecting those with an integrated anti-flicker adapter. This helps to save you the extra bucks of buying a separate adapter for this role.
For those who are lost in the scientific terms, a lumen is simply the SI unit of luminous flux. It measures the total amount of visible light released by a source. Ideally, your motorcycles LED headlights bulbs should have 4000-4800 lumens when on a high beam and about 3000 lumens for the low beam.
In the US, legal requirements vary depending on state lines. For example, certain states will only allow certain colors of LED lights, while others have a complete ban on them. Check your state’s legislation before buying the headlights for your bike.
For most of the cases, you do need an extra tool but the LED headlights kit and an installation manual. Depending on the manual guidelines and the model of your bike, you may need an adapter to install the headlights.
With the headlights, there are no shortcuts. If you want to go brighter, you have to either change the bulb or buy a better headlight. If you still have conventional halogen lamps on your bike, you should definitely go for the LED headlights.
Why You Should Acquire the Best LED Headlight for Harley Davidson
The thing about motorcycle accessories is that unless you have a passion for customizing your bike, you only buy the accessories when the need arises. However, if being among those that are proactive when it comes to fitting the bike with the necessary accessories, you should definitely take a closer look at the LED headlights.
I can’t say how many times my halogen bulbs have let me down when traveling during the night. Therefore, installing LED headlights was a must for me. For those riders that want to make the switch too, this review highlights the ten best LED headlights to consider. Based on this information, you can choose the right model for your bike.
To help you to narrow down your choices, I have mentioned some of the important aspects to consider in this review. Among them is the issue of brightness and color temperature. One reason for switching from halogen bulbs is because they aren’t bright enough.
For improved brightness, consider buying a LED bulb with 4D and D-shaped projector lenses to increase the distance the headlight’s beam is projected. The idea is that this innovative technology helps to increase the beam distance so that you can see farther when riding in bad weather conditions or at night.
The material used in making the outer casing of the headlight is also important. I recommend looking for the material that guarantees the durability of the headlight. Thus, you will be able to rely on the lights even during the harsh weather conditions.
Have you used any of these LED lights Harley Davidson before? What item among the reviewed would you consider buying? What headlight features do you find the most important? Let’s discuss this topic in the comments.back to menu ↑