Driving a motorcycle in the dark poses a certain risk, especially in poorly lit areas. At night, the number of accidents on the roads increases due to insufficient or variable lighting. Drivers have to deal with a number of negative effects. For example, with a decrease in the image contrast, night myopia, blinding with bright light, and numerous reflections, glares, and halo effects. Besides, bikers need to protect their eyes from flying stones, raindrops, dust, and insects.
You need special glasses to facilitate driving in the dark and reduce the impact of these negative effects. In this article, I reviewed five safety best motorcycle glasses for night riding in 2022. Besides, you will find some useful recommendations on what to look for when choosing glasses and goggles and how to extend their life.
However, before I go directly to the reviews, I would like to remind all drivers that driving safely at night is right up to you. Regularly check visual acuity with specialists, avoid driving at high speed (especially with poor visibility), do not use ordinary sunglasses with a dark coating, and take breaks during long trips. Motorcycle night riding glasses will help you with the rest.
Top 5 Best Night Riding Glasses for Motorcycle
- Verdster Airdam Motorcycle & Driving Sunglasses – Top Pick
- Foam Padded Motorcycle Night Glasses – Budget Choice
- Yellow Motorcycle Riding Goggles – Premium Choice
- Belinous Safety Glasses
- AULLY PARK Polarized Motorcycle Riding Glasses
I have used each of the glasses from this review and I can say with confidence that they are of high quality and reliable. However, they are different and each pair has its own characteristics and advantages.
1. Verdster Airdam Motorcycle & Driving Sunglasses – Yellow Lens Motorcycle Glasses for Night Riding
- ✔️ SEASON 2023 IMPROVEMENTS ARE A LONGER-LASTING GLUE USED FOR FOAM PADDING & A NEW FOLDABLE CASE FOR SUNGLASSES ✔️
- 🕶️ AIRDAM UNISEX NIGHT DRIVING SUNGLASSES 🕶️ - Custom made lenses reduce eyestrain & glare as well as eliminate reflected, scattered and direct light, yet maintain all of the vibrancy and color.
- 😎DRIVERS CHOICE😎 Lightweight, padded frame with soft foam and adjustable nose pads will ensure a comfortable fit. If you love riding cycles, motorcycles and other outdoor sports, these yellow glasses are the ones to get.
- 🛡️ UV400 PROTECTION 🛡️ Thanks to the UV400 protective lens, your eyes are shielded from harmful UVA & UVB rays making these polarized sunglasses for men more than a stylish sports accessory!
- 🎁 IT'S NOT JUST SPORTS SUNGLASSES🎁 that come with your purchase. Each of these is packed in a magnetic triangle case and accessories like a soft pouch & cleaning cloth.
The glasses have foam padding around the lenses for a better fit to the face, as well as ventilation holes. Their width is 5.5 inches (14 cm) and their height is 1.5 inches (3.8 cm). Like most other glasses, they are available in only one size and can be too large for those who have small faces. They are very light and have a thin frame and legs. These glasses really seem weightless on the face, which makes them comfortable to wear for a long time, but at the same time, they seem a little flimsy to the touch. By the way, arms loosen pretty quickly, so you have to tighten them up from time to time.
A big advantage of these motorcycle night riding glasses is their slightly curved shape and wraparound design that provides a good peripheral view and 180° protection. This model is suitable not only for night riding but also for outdoor sports, such as skiing. However, if you damage them, you will have to buy new glasses, since the lenses are not removable.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Polarized lenses
- UV protection
- Stylish design
- Blur the picture
- A fragile model compared to others on the list
2. Foam Padded Motorcycle Night Glasses – Night Vision Motorcycle Glasses
- BUILT FOR MOTORCYCLE RIDING : There’s nothing more important than protecting your eyes while you ride. These motorcycle glasses wrap 180 degrees to stay on your head at high speeds without wiggling. Built in sweat proof foam cushion will block out wind, dust and debris; as well as provide a nice snug fit. Shatterproof Impact Resistant Polycarbonate lenses stands up to bugs, debris and flying rocks.
- FOAM PADDED PROTECTION : Sweatproof foam cushion protects your eyes from wind, dust and debris while you are riding your motorcycle. Also great for skiing, working in the shop or mowing the lawn. Foam Cushion keeps your riding glasses secure around your face so they won’t fly off or wiggle at high speeds. Seals out cold sub zero winds in the winter.
- IMPACT RESISTANT POLYCARBONATE LENSES : When shopping for motorcycle riding sunglasses, eye protection should always be a priority. Polycarbonate is an impact resistant thermoplastic that is virtually unbreakable and extremely scratch resistant. Have you tried to break a CD (compact disc) before? It can’t be done! CDs are made of polycarbonate.
- 100% UV PROTECTION : Lenses are “UV400” rated, meaning the lenses will block UV light up to 400 nanometers (100% UVA & UVB rays). Prolonged exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays can cause damage to your eyes.
- SAVE $ ON COMBOS! Purchase 2 or 3 pairs of shades for a great price. Try a different lens color or frame color to match your motorcycle or favorite outfit. Keep an extra pair in the bike or have a backup pair in case you lose one.
Compared to others, the design of these glasses is as close as possible to ordinary sunglasses, although it looks a bit outdated. There is no massive frame around the lenses, but there is a metal chrome decoration on the temples (in the flame form). It distinguishes them from the rest of the glasses in this segment, but it can also alienate buyers who prefer minimalism. The width of the glasses is 5.51 inches (13.9 cm), and the height is 1.77 inches (4.49 cm). The frame is universal, designed for both men and women. However, its size is likely to be large for those with small or narrow faces. The manufacturer himself recommends these glasses for people with medium to large heads.
Along with each lens, there are foam pads that should provide a snug fit to the face and protection from the wind. The specific design provides a good peripheral vision; the frame does not obstruct the view. Nevertheless, it seems that precisely because of the design, the wind can get under the glasses. Compared to the previous nighttime riding glasses in this review, which were wide enough to cover a significant part of the face around the eyes, these seem too narrow.
- Anti-reflective coating
- Scratch resistant
- Distinctive design
- Narrow lenses
- Do not block the wind
3. Yellow Motorcycle Riding Goggles – Perfect for Night Riding
- Better Vision at Night- Yellow Motorcycle Goggles for night riding, reducing glare during nighttime hours.
These motorcycle night goggles have a curved shape for a better fit to the face. However, this solution may not be suitable for everyone. Their width is 6.25 inches (15.87 cm), height 2.12 inches (5.4 cm). They also have a special strap that can be adjusted from 9.5 inches to 18 inches (24 cm — 45.7 cm). They can be worn with different types of helmets.
These glasses do not use foam padding. The manufacturer did this so that the glasses last longer because such padding begins to get worse over time. However, in practice, it turns out that this option is not the best. Goggles can dig into the nose or cheeks and leave unpleasant red marks on the face. And although you can loosen the belt a little, it will not save you much from the marks on the nose bridge.
Also, the glasses have special ventilation holes so that the glasses do not fog up while riding. However, this can still occur, depending on the shape of your face and the humidity in the area. In this case, you will have to use additional anti-fog cleaners.
- Curved shape
- Yellow tint
- Adjustable strap
- No foam pads
- May fog up
4. Belinous Safety Glasses – Four Pairs of Lenses For Different Light Conditions
- 4 Interchangeable Lenses: 1 polarized lens: smoke; 3 * non-polarized lens: clear MLC, cadmium yellow, copper.
- Windproof & Dustproof: Shatterproof and scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses, protecting eyes from wind and dust particles.
- UV400 Eye Proction: Offer 100% UV protection against the sunlight filtering UVA/UVB/UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm.
- Premium Quality Materials: High-grade SWITZERLAND TR-90 material frame, lightweight and durable.
- What You Get: Motorcycle sunglasses with 4 lenses, portable case, original gift box, strap, pouch, and cleaning cloth, 18-month stress-free warranty and 24h customer service.
Safety Glasses by the Belinous company are designed specifically for different activities in difficult lighting conditions: fishing, hiking, skiing, and driving and riding. The kit comes with an adjustable strap and four different types of lenses, which you can change depending on weather and lighting conditions. That means you don’t have to buy a few pairs of glasses.
Yellow lenses add lights when driving at night, copper ones are anti-glare and suitable for driving in bright sunlight, clear ones are transparent and improve visual acuity in dim light conditions, and smoke ones smooth out glare. But only the last pair of lenses in the kit is polarized. At the same time, they all provide 100% protection against UV rays and do not distort the picture.
These glasses have soft foam padding that protects your eyes from the wind. Additional holes along the seal will provide the necessary ventilation, and the lenses will not fog up. There are also rubberized pads at the leg ends, thanks to which the glasses will not fall from your head.
These motorcycle night glasses are designed for typical European and American faces and have a width of 5.7 inches — 6.3 inches (14.5 cm to 16 cm) and a height of 2.0 inches (5.08 cm). They protect your eyes from wind, rain, and your own sweat. Although the manufacturer claims these glasses are suitable for men and women, their shape may still not suit the owners of low nose bridges and narrow faces. In this case, a gap appears and reduces wind protection, peripheral blind spots form, and the tilt of the lenses can get uncomfortable. And if you wear a mask or helmet, there is a chance of fogging up the lenses.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Wind and scratch protection
- Four interchangeable lenses
- Fragile frame, you need to change the lenses carefully
- The form does not fit everyone
5. AULLY PARK Polarized Motorcycle Riding Glasses – One Pack, Four Pairs of Lenses
- ✅4 Interchangeable Different Lenses: 1* Neutral Gray - Polarized Lens; 1* Copper - Increase contrast; 1* Clear MLC lens - special multi-layer coating; 1* Cadmium Yellow - High contrast yellow lens.
- ✅High-density cushioning elastic sponge: We specially designed flexible plastic sponge around the lens to protect the face. It can effectively prevent wind, dust, cushion the shock and prevent foreign objects such as mosquitoes from flying into the eyes.
- ✅High Quality: The frame is made of high strength PC material with good toughness and strong impact resistance. Using shatter-proof, scratch-proof polycarbonate lens, not easy to break and safer. Give you a long time service.
- ✅Polarized lens UV400: 100% protection against harmful UVA/UVB Rays. It can filter a lot of blue light, improve the visual contrast and clarity. It’s better to wear under severe air pollution or foggy conditions, which is an ideal choice for drivers.
- ✅Universal: It conforms to the face design for men and women, does not slip off, and is suitable for any nose shape and face adjustment. Whether it is running / cycling / daytime driving/ fishing/ bad weather can be used.
Lenses are easy to change, but they can also easily pop out of their socket without your help, for example, in a backpack or right while driving. Besides, they are not tight enough to the frame and can let air through at high speed. The good thing is that they are resistant to scratches and minor damage. And also provide 100% protection against ultraviolet rays.
The frame of these glasses has a width of 6.3 inches (16.1 cm) and a height of 2 inches (5.2 cm). If necessary, you can tighten the glasses on the back of your head using the belt that comes with the kit. The frame is made of high-quality material that bends easily but does not break. These motorcycle-riding glasses fit snugly around the face but don’t push too hard thanks to the foam pads around the lenses. However, it is worth noting that the rubberized padding can come off after some time of using the glasses.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Interchangeable lenses
- UV protection
- Flexible frame
- Lenses do not fit tightly on the frame
- Padding may come off
How to Choose Best Motorcycle Glasses for Night Riding?
When choosing the right glasses, I recommend paying attention to several important details:
- wind protection – glasses should have special pads for a snug fit on the face;
- ventilation – make sure there are holes in the glasses with wind protection so that the lenses do not fog up. This factor is highly important when driving at night;
- photochromic – the lenses of such glasses change hue depending on the light;
- polarization – such glasses smooth out glare on flat surfaces;
- anti-scratch – with such an additional effect, glasses will last longer;
- tint – each color has certain advantages. The yellow color is the most common among glasses for night trips. Ideal for city driving with variable street lighting. However, remember that any tint can impair the driver’s vision in the countryside, where street lighting is virtually absent.
Furthermore, most models have only one size, which should fit both men and women. But faces are different, not only in width but also in the height of the nose bridge, eyebrows, ears, etc. Some glasses press too hard and leave imprints on the face. Others, on the contrary, do not fit tight enough. Try several different models to see which one is the most comfortable for you.
If you drive a lot at night on roads with different light conditions (for example, from city to city on deserted highways), I recommend choosing a few glasses and changing them depending on the conditions.
When you are shopping for motorcycle glasses for night riding, there are a few things that you should keep in mind:
- You want to make sure that the glasses you choose offer a clear and unobstructed view.
- You want to choose a pair of glasses that will provide adequate protection from the wind and the elements.
- You want to make sure that the glasses you choose are comfortable to wear and will stay in place while you are riding.
How do I keep my glasses on when riding a motorcycle?
Straps that wrap around your head snugly (called glasses retainers) are helpful to stop your glasses from falling off during a motorcycle ride.
Moreover, you can keep your glasses on when riding a motorcycle by wearing a helmet that has a face shield.
What color lenses are best for motorcycle night riding?
The best color lenses for motorcycle night riding are yellow or gold. At the same time, some riders may prefer clear lenses, as they do not distort the colors of traffic signals and other lights.
Afterword About Best Harley Davidson Night Time Riding Glasses
The range of glasses for driving bikes at night is wide enough, and it is important to find the pair of glasses that will be right for you. With their help, you will not only reduce the negative effects of traveling at night, but also protect your eyes from bright light, wind, dust, rain, snow, and insects. I hope my review will help you with choosing the best motorcycle glasses for night riding. Try a few pairs to see which one fits your face best. When it comes to wearing glasses, comfort is no less important than their protective properties.
And for the perfect pair of glasses to last you as long as possible, follow these recommendations:
- do not forget to take care of the glasses and store them in a hard box;
- clean lenses with warm soapy water and wipe with a soft cloth. I recommend that you do not use wipers, as they can damage the lens;
- regularly clean paddings from sweat to prevent their breaking;
- do not forget to check the screws and tighten them if they are loose;
- use an antistatic spray for added protection. It will prevent the dust from sticking to the lenses and clogging into the frame joints;
- do not leave glasses in direct sunlight; this may melt the plastic frame and deform its shape.
Please share with me in the comments below what nighttime motorcycle riding glasses are your favorite. Maybe you can recommend your favored brand? What do you prefer: glasses or goggles? Do you use only one pair of glasses, or do you have several for different weather conditions?
Bruce was born in Atlanta. He started riding motorcycles when he was 10 and has been passionate about them since. Bruce says he feels absolute freedom when he’s on two wheels. He prefers riding his bike slowly and smoothly along a country road and hardly ever enjoys wildly speedy rides. With a strong Ducati Multistrada 1200 in the current stable, Bruce enjoys his super powerful, comfortable and easy rides. Ducati Diavel is the beast he’s currently dreaming about…