Best Motorcycle Glasses for Rain: Top Picks
There was one circumstance I couldn’t help envying them cagers: windshields in bad weather. And it’s not about the cold and humidity: if you’re riding your bike dressed improperly, you’ll soon learn or quit, and I learned. But if your eyes are unprepared, it’s worse. It’s all about vision. While dust on my teeth is what I season my life with, being blinded by the rain is of no value for me. The problem of high humidity is fogging up from the inside, as well as getting wet from the outside where you need precious moments to wipe them dry.
It’s not a fashion thing to have the best glasses for riding motorcycle in the rain: no one will take a close look even at modest 50 mph. Especially if you’re wearing a full face helmet. It’s a matter of survival, and a matter of better experience as a sense to live.
I tried several models of the most popular motorcycle rain glasses to find the perfect one for myself. Spoiler alert: I failed at settling for one. There are five glasses I paid more attention to, and now I’m sharing my explorations with you.
Top 5 Motorcycle Glasses for Rain
Why does one need special glasses for rainy weather? There are issues that have to be overcome. Regular glasses fog up, dimming your vision. Special ones solve this problem. Compatibility with vizors is also important: your eyes should see well protected by both. And, of course, rain glasses should be usable in sunny weather too.
Here are the models I consider the worthiest options for motorcycle eye protection in the rain. Each of them has its pros and cons but makes a good option to consider. By famous vendors or nonames, they are checked and approved. By the way, all of them are compatible with face masks conscious ones wear during the quarantine and don’t get fogged up when worn together.
Belinous Polarized Safety Glasses: Motorcycle Glasses for Rain of Any Other Condition
Chinese brands are not what they used to be a decade ago now. You don’t have to turn your back on them (unless it’s Huawei or other Trump-unfriendly business). Belinous, though, seems to have done nothing against national safety and a lot for your personal one. Established in 2018, it has its website in English, as this Zhejiang company is obviously heading worldwide. On the other hand, it’s a trading business, branding items manufactured by others. Hardly will we ever know who produced these glasses in fact. It doesn’t matter, though.
This model is the only one presented on its website (and on Amazon as well), and it’s positioned as a versatile one, with anti-fog features and rain protection. It comes with four interchangeable lens sets, including smoke polarized, yellow, glare-filtering, and – the most important for us – regular transparent lenses for rain and snow. These lenses feature 5-mm elastic foam padding that prevents your eyes from raindrops, dust, or snowflakes. There are also vents to prevent fogging. The base construction features a solid black plastic frame lenses are easily attached to. In addition to the glasses and the lenses, there is a case for them, a strap, a pouch and a cloth for cleaning.
The glasses only come in one size. The width of the glasses is 5.7 – 6.3 inches, while the height is 2 inches, and the width of a single lens is 2.3 inches. The leg length is 4.9 inch. As for lenses, all of them are 1.9-mm thick and made of quality polycarbonate. This means the glasses are rather made for pig-faced riders, and if you’re wearing them under the helmet, they may fit poorly.
- 4 INTERCHANGEABLE LENSES - 1 * polarized lens: smoke; 3 * non-polarized lens: clear MLC, cadmium yellow, copper. Changing the lens is simple, just hold frame with fingers then push the lens inward with 4 fingers. Unisex design will fit men and women.
- WINDPROOF & DUSTPROOF - BELINOUS sturdy hallowed foam air cushions are directly attached from the frame of the goggle, providing the ultimate eye protection against wind and dust particles and excellent full day cruising comfort.
- UV400 EYE PROTECTION - Offer 100% UV protection against the sunlight filtering UVA/UVB/UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. Restore true color, eliminate reflected light and scattered light and protect eyes perfectly.
- PREMIUM QUALITY MATERIALS - High grade SWITZERLAND TR-90 material frame, super lightweight, stylish and durable. Shatterproof and scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses, its thickness of 1.6mm guaranteed to withstand long time of using.
- WHAT YOU GET - Each BELINOUS sports sunglasses are packed in portable case and original gift box, including frame, 4 pairs of lenses, strap, pouch, and cleaning cloth. 18-month hassle-free warranty for any defects, and 24-hour customer service online.
- Solid build with antifog features;
- Four lens pairs;
- No tools required for changing lenses;
- Decent support;
- Appropriate pricing.
- The brand is of little fame;
- They may be incompatible with your helmet or just your face.
Pyramex I-Force Sporty Dual Pane Anti-Fog Goggles: A Touch of Classic
Unlike the Chinese universal soldier, this one is a strict pair of motorcycle rain goggles with just one mission. They should protect your eyes and your vision in the rain. A strap makes these goggles better sit under the helmet.
The lenses are layered: the outer layer is made of polycarbonate that protects the outside from getting wet. The inner layer is made of acetate to prevent the inside from fogging up. Due to this, these anti fog motorcycle glasses look simple and don’t need special anti-fogging vents that undermine dust protection.
These goggles may come with clear, grey, or amber lenses; they are not interchangeable, so select carefully before buying the ones you need – maybe both. What is detachable is the strap; that makes the glasses suitable for most riders. The construction, though, may cause troubles with washing. If you need motorcycle waterproof glasses, these aren’t the option.
- Ratcheting quick release interchangeable temples and strap
- Scratch resistant polycarbonate lens provides 99% UVA/B/C protection
- Outer polycarbonate lens protects against the environment, while inner acetate lens is designed to prevent fogging
- Outside lens is coated with H2X Anti-fog Technology
- Passes MIL-PRF 32432 High Velocity Impact Standards
- Dual layer lenses for anti-rain and anti-fogging;
- Detachable strap;
- Easy handling;
- Compatible with helmets;
- Trustworthy vendor.
- The lenses are not changeable;
- Hard to wash sometimes.
Bertoni Italy Motorcycle Goggles Padded Sunglasses:A Chic Choice
Looking solid and rugged, masculine unlike other unisex models I review, with an inevitable brand name on legs, it can boast all the features for efficient anti-fogging. The shape is classical antifog, with removable windproof foam. An important element is the adjustable foam nosepad. You can also adjust the distance from the face and the height to provide the perfect isolation or the maximum comfort. That also makes them a good option as motorcycle glasses for rain; adjustable protection helps keep your eyes dry and lenses clear.
These can be worn as glasses with legs or as strapped goggles. A pair comes with both, and they can be interchanged with no special tools. The strap length is easier to adjust, and with it, the goggles sit better even on a smaller face, despite being 6 inch wide (but if the face is very narrow, that won’t help). Of course, it also bears the brand logo.
The lenses are also made of polycarbonate, durable, UV-filtering, and safer if broken. The biggest advantage, though, is the adaptive photochromic sensor that adjusts the transparency, according to light and UV level. Given this, the glasses don’t need changeable lenses, as this sensor makes the only ones versatile. If you need to attach prescription lenses, though, it can be easily done by the optician. It doesn’t always work perfect in the dark or twilight, but in the daytime, it’s great.
As for its price, true Italian accessories have never been cheap. A pair of these Bertonies is about three times more expensive than the Pyramex above.
- Frame: motorcycle glasses convertible to goggles in mat black anticrash polycarbonate - ADJUSTABLE NOSEPAD: soft Adjustable nosepad offers an exceptional fit for any shape of face. This system also allows to adjust the glasses’ height and their distance from the face to prevent misting - Thanks to their excellent grip at arms, at the adjustable nose pads and thanks to the elastic strap, this sunglasses will stay in place
- NEW Sunsensor Photochromic Antifog Lens from cat 0 to 3: Innovative Technology , react consistently to light and UV rays - they darken from category 0 transparent ( indoor, foggy days, bad weather ) to grey category 3 sun tint ( outdoors, high brightness ), this lens adapts itself to changes in light - 100% UV protection. You can wear your tech sunglasses all day, don't need to change your lenses according to light conditions. Lenses are decentered in order to avoid any optical distorsion.
- Included a Removable Optical Insert for Prescription lenses - any strength friendly, your optician can easily assemble your prescription lenses to the clip - The inside of the front frame is covered with a removable windproof soft foam for a comfortable fitting
- Interchangeables arms with elastic strap to have a very skin tight fitting for motorcycle and extreme sports - Size: suitable for all types of faces (narrow to large).
- 100% UV protection - Wraparound design: protects the eyes from wind and bad weather, provide enhanced peripheral vision - Lens width: 65mm ( curved sport wraparound windproof lens ) - Lens height 44mm - Optical Clip: 40x25 mm. - 4 Years Warranty - Lifetime Support - 30 days to return - ALL INCLUDED inside paper box, case, microfiber
- Photochromic sensor adjusting transparency;
- Adjustable construction for most face types;
- Compatible with prescription lenses;
- Various wearing modes – glasses or goggles;
- Stylish looks
- Quite pricey;
- Not for narrow faces;
- Auto adjustment is not that perfect.
Kemimoto Anti-fogging Motorcycle Glasses: Great Fogging Prevention
One might think Kemimoto is something Japanese. Nothing of the kind, though; the official site has it that the founders of the brand are Kelvin and Michael. Thus, the name is the acronym of their names and “moto”; actually, the vendor operates from Hong Kong. It specializes in bike accessories and parts.
As for these glasses, they are somewhat similar to the ones by Belinous. They also feature simple construction and four sets of interchangeable lenses – yellow, copper, smoke, and clear, the smoke ones making the dirt bike goggles tinted. All the lenses are made of polycarbonate, the frame being plastic. The package is also similar to that of Belinous: a hardcase, a pouch, a cleaning cloth, and a strap (instead of legged frame).
The antifog feature is represented by clean and yellow lenses included. They are supposed to help in foggy conditions. The clean lenses have anti-fog coverage and foams that prevent fogging from the inside. Of course, these can’t boast the adjustability similar to Bertoni’s. But on most faces, they should sit great and tight enough to almost prevent fogging. You’ll have to apply antifog cleaning solution to complete the effect.
As it’s often with goggles, they are easier to adjust than legged glasses. Speaking of dimensions makes little sense. The nose bridge is, though, quite wide, making it better for big-faced persons and harder for their opposites. The goggles are also compatible with full face helmets, let alone 3/4’s.
The quality of this item, though, is unstable. Lucky ones are glad about the good goggles for a decent price; the unlucky complain about them being broken almost immediately. If you don’t want to waste your time on replacing, you better buy two at once.
- ⭐【Updated Version】— 1 Pair Clear lens with anti-fogging performance. 1 Pair Yellow and 1 Pair Colorful HD film lenses. 1 Pair Gray lenses in the true color definition. The motorcycle riding glasses will protect your eyes from wind, dust, and glare. Smoke lenses reduce glare for riding on sunny conditions; Yellow lenses improve contrast in foggy fog and night conditions; Clear lenses give full light transmittance.
- ⭐【4*UV400 Protection Polycarbonate Lens】— Shatterproof and scratch-resisting. Each pair of our motorcycle riding glasses are optimized for 100% protection against UVA and UVB rays. Ensure complete coverage and protection for your eyes from harmful UV rays when you are riding your motorcycle, skiing, cycling, or driving.
- ⭐【Universal Goggles】— Motorcycle goggles for These protective glasses can also be worn when playing sports, winter activates, rock climbing, fishing, hunting, hiking, or partaking in any outdoor activities.
- ⭐【Durability, Clarity, Comfort】— Lenses crafted from polycarbonate for high impact resistance, long-lasting use, scratch resistance, and superior eye protection, while still being lightweight for hours of comfortable riding.
- ⭐【Package Content】— 1*Matte black plastic frame with rubber ear pads, 4*Lens Kit, with UV Protection in Clear, Yellow, Smoke Lenses and Black. 1*Sport headband, 1*pouch, 1*cleaning cloth, 1*hard case. Our motorcycle riding goggles glasses are pack in foam-padded which is convenient to carry and never worried about losing your goggles anymore. Tips: Use a blue thread locker (like LOCTITE) to keep the product away from vibration or loose.
- Four lens sets with foams, easily interchangeable;
- Two antifog lens sets;
- Adjustable strap;
- Nice package;
- Extremely affordable.
- Fogging prevention is not absolute;
- Not compatible with prescription glasses or lenses;
- Not for narrow faces.
Bobster Crossfire Small Folding Goggles: California Dreaming
These motorcycle goggles, unlike the others I’ve reviewed, are rather small and compact. They should sit well on narrow or small faces. Being foldable, these ones are easy to carry in the pouch included. This construction also lets the goggles sit better under the helmet. The frame is 148 mm wide, while lenses are. 61 mm wide and 36 mm high. On the other side, it would be hard to use them with prescription lenses or glasses.
The first impression is these are as light as regular sunglasses, but it’s deceptive. In fact, it has vented frames with closed cell foam that prevent the lenses from fogging on the inside. It also keeps dust and rain away. These frames can be damaged during use; but anything can. Most owners are satisfied.
As for the lenses, they aren’t as sophisticated and exquisite as the dual-layered ones by Pyramex. But they are resistant, filter UV well, and have anti-fog coating, contributing to the overall anti-fog features. If you get used to the in-socket wearing style, these might become your favorites. Still, you better try these on before buying. Of all the reviews I have read, all the negative ones were about personal incompatibility rather than poor quality.
- FOLDABLE FOR EASY STORAGE: Ignite enthusiasm over these foldable goggles that are the perfect solution for any rider who needs quality, affordability and practicality. The Crossfire comes in a mini storage pouch for easy transport
- VENTED FRAME WITH CLOSED CELL FOAM: The Crossfire also comes with a vented frame lined with closed cell foam to keep out wind and dust. This type of foam provides low water absorption while being weather and chemical resistant. It also lasts longer than most other foams
- IMPACT RESISTANT UV PROTECTION: Our Polycarbonate lenses are up to 10 times more impact-resistant than plastic or glass lenses and they also provide 100% protection from the sun's harmful UV rays. They are also lightweight, adding to the comfort of your eyewear
- ANTI FOG LENS COATING: Anti-fog coating provides fog free vision to help see clearly longer. The Crossfire is available in 3 lens colors: Clear, Amber, and Smoked. Lenses are prescription ready (rx-able)
- GRILAMID TR90 FRAME: Bobstera's Grilamid TR90 is a lightweight elastomer material that is used to create the most comfortable and durable eyewear frames available. This nylon compound that offers increased durability while being extremely lightweight. The frames are flexible and allow the temples to shape the head and face to provide a more comfortable fit
- Lightweight small construction;
- Compact size;
- Well-known American vendor;
- Good for small faces;
- Reasonable price.
- Not for the big-headed ones;
- Incompatible with prescription glasses or lenses.
Clear Vision Before Your Eyes
While some recommend using anti-fog sprays as a must, I wouldn’t. None of them is perfect, and they are blurring your vision, maybe to a lesser extent than fog, but nevertheless. In addition, they ruin the surface not as slowly as you’d hope. Nevertheless, with cheaper models, like that by Kemimoto, it makes sense, as they aren’t built to last that long anyway.
Have you tried any of these? Would you prefer one Bertoni’s or six Kemimoto’s for the same price? What tricks do you practice to enhance the antifog features? Share your experience with us. I’d like you to recommend some models I might have missed. Thanks for your comments in advance! Stay safe!