Hi, I will tell you about the best motorcycle riding glasses that combine style, quality, and superior protection. But why are they important? Indeed! I could say that I recommend you to wear them while riding, but I have to say it differently. You must wear them! Bikers glasses can be a stylish accessory, but you have to look for glasses that offer the best protection before style.
The main purpose of the best motorcycle glasses for wind is to protect your eyes from fast-flowing air streams that can make your eyes water. You need pure vision, so it’s crucial to have clear eyes. Glasses can also protect you from insects, dust, and small rocks that can shoot out from under the wheels of vehicles in front of you and from dangerous glare that may blind you all of a sudden.
You also have to remember that it can start raining anytime you’re on the road. Even if your eyes are accustomed to the wind, they can’t deal with water! The circumstances can be different, so you should always be protected.
What to Look For in Motorcycle Glasses for Wind
Wind protection is important for motorcycle riders to keep their eyes comfortable and their vision clear. Here are some features to look for in glasses to avoid dry eyes.
First of all, do you have eyesight problems? If yes, you should either use contact lenses or look for glasses that let you install prescribed optics.
It is an important feature that reduces glare produced by other vehicles. It also makes the image of the road much crispier and doesn’t tense your eye muscles when it’s sunny outside. Some models also have photochromic polarized lenses that let you use the same glasses for riding during day and night as they darken only when the sun is shining. Still, they cannot get as dark as non-photochromic sunglasses.
It is another great thing to have on your glasses as it not only adds comfort during long rides but also protects them from debris that may accidentally get under glasses and injure your eyes. That’s why I don’t recommend you to use average sunglasses while driving.
It is important to have a proper fit with your eyewear to get the best performance. If the frames are too large, wind and other elements can get into your eyes. If they are too small, they will be uncomfortable to wear. Wearing the correct size will allow the eyewear to work as it should.
Amazon Bestseller of Best Motorcycle Glasses for Wind Protection
Best Motorcycle Glasses for Wind: 6 Top-Quality Picks
- WYND Blocker Motorcycle & Biking Wind Resistant – Top Rated
- Bertoni Italy Motorcycle Goggles Padded Sunglasses – Premium Choice
- Belinous Safety Glasses – Budget Choice
- Aully Park Polarized Motorcycle Riding Glasses – Best Wind-Blocking Sunglasses
- Bobster Rukus Photochromic Sunglasses – Best Photochromic Motorcycle Glasses
- Verdster Airdam Motorcycle & Driving Sunglasses – Polarized Motorcycle Glasses
Now that you know what to look for take a look at my comprehensive motorcycle riding glasses reviews. I’ve been using glasses in combination with an open-face helmet to ride my BMW K100 RS for 5 years already, so testing several models having this experience was exciting.
1. WYND Blocker Motorcycle & Biking Wind Resistant – Windproof Motorcycle Glasses
- PC LENS - UV400 blocks 100% of UVA/UVB rays; Impact resistant, anti-scratch and shatter proof
- SIZE - Height - 40mm; Lens Width - 65mm; Temple - 140mm; Nose Bridge - 20mm; Frame Width - 140mm
- FEATURES - Floating rubberized frame helps prevent loss in water; Rubberized ear pieces help maintain stability and grip on users head; Lightweight design is ideal for motorcycle riding, boating, fishing, biking / cycling, driving, running, and other various motorsports and outdoor activities
- INCLUDES - WYND Blocker microfiber bag which can also be used as a lens cleaner
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE - 100% money back guarantee against defects - please contact the WYND Blocker brand owner with any concerns
The length of the temples is 140mm. Due to the slightly curved temple tips, they don’t put any pressure on your ears or rub them. Besides, this design feature makes it easier for drivers with large heads, like mine, to wear them. In addition, the inner side of temple tips has soft rubber pads that add up to convenience and prevent the glasses from moving.
The padding on the inner side of these glasses is very soft and porous. There are 5 gaps between the pads to provide mild air circulation and prevent your skin from sweating under the glasses. There are no nose pads, but they are still convenient enough for your nose due to the thick plastic bridge that repeats the shape of your nose bridge.
You can order this model in different versions, and I tested all of them. The black model with smoked lenses is a good choice for sunny days. For a cloudy season, you can order the same frame with clear lenses. If you like to ride at night, you will enjoy black and white frames with yellow lenses. They let you see more detail at night and make your eye feel relaxed. I ordered all the models at the same time, and they all came with soft microfiber bags, which can be used as lens cleaners. I think that hard cases do their job better, but it’s better than nothing. As for disadvantages, I don’t like the absence of polarization. However, the developer compensates for it with a decent UVA/UVB block that is shatterproof.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Ultra-lightweight model
- Doesn’t block the side view
- 3 types of lenses are available
- Powerful UVA/UVB block
- A microfiber case can be used for cleaning
- No polarization
2. Belinous Safety Glasses – Pro Transition Motorcycle Glasses Kit
- 4 Interchangeable Lenses: 1 polarized lens: smoke; 3 * non-polarized lens: clear MLC, cadmium yellow, copper.
- Windproof & Dustproof: Shatterproof and scratch-resistant polycarbonate lenses, protecting eyes from wind and dust particles.
- UV400 Eye Proction: Offer 100% UV protection against the sunlight filtering UVA/UVB/UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm.
- Premium Quality Materials: High-grade SWITZERLAND TR-90 material frame, lightweight and durable.
- What You Get: Motorcycle sunglasses with 4 lenses, portable case, original gift box, strap, pouch, and cleaning cloth, 18-month stress-free warranty and 24h customer service.
Although the frame fits tightly, your skin won’t sweat due to hinge vents on both edges that let fresh air circulate under the temples. The padding is made of flexible foam that adjusts to your face shape but doesn’t cause fogging. If you lack tightness, you can use the strap band to make it impossible for the glasses to fall off.
Now, let’s take a look at the lenses. There are 4 interchangeable pairs included in the kit so that you can insert the ones you need at the moment and go. The first is a non-polarized lens with reflective copper spraying. This type provides a color filtering and anti-glare effect, adding sharpness and saturation to colors.
The second pair includes classic smoke lenses, which work well when it’s sunny outside. It’s the only polarized lens in the kit too. It doesn’t make the world too dark, but reduces doesn’t let whining white spots and glare blind you. Wear them to enhance contrast and make the image much crispier. The third is a transparent shatterproof lens with UVA, UVB, and UVC blocks. It’s a good option for cloudy and rainy days. Finally, the 4th pair includes yellow lenses that add light and detail to dark scenes.
It’s very easy to replace lenses, but they always need cleaning after that as it’s impossible not to touch them. Fortunately, the fiber cloth is attached. It’s very convenient to transport the kit inside the hard case as it fits most types of moto boots. It’s a universal solution that you can take on long trips.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Four interchangeable lens sets
- Sturdy hard case
- Durable Swiss frame (18-months warranty)
- Safety straps included
- Lenses require frequent cleaning
3. Aully Park Polarized Motorcycle Riding Glasses – Best Motorcycle Sunglasses With Wind Protection
- ✅4 Interchangeable Different Lenses: 1* Neutral Gray - Polarized Lens; 1* Copper - Increase contrast; 1* Clear MLC lens - special multi-layer coating; 1* Cadmium Yellow - High contrast yellow lens.
- ✅High-density cushioning elastic sponge: We specially designed flexible plastic sponge around the lens to protect the face. It can effectively prevent wind, dust, cushion the shock and prevent foreign objects such as mosquitoes from flying into the eyes.
- ✅High Quality: The frame is made of high strength PC material with good toughness and strong impact resistance. Using shatter-proof, scratch-proof polycarbonate lens, not easy to break and safer. Give you a long time service.
- ✅Polarized lens UV400: 100% protection against harmful UVA/UVB Rays. It can filter a lot of blue light, improve the visual contrast and clarity. It’s better to wear under severe air pollution or foggy conditions, which is an ideal choice for drivers.
- ✅Universal: It conforms to the face design for men and women, does not slip off, and is suitable for any nose shape and face adjustment. Whether it is running / cycling / daytime driving/ fishing/ bad weather can be used.
The first set has neutral gray polycarbonate lenses with a polarization filter layer that cuts off excessive brightness and glare of any strength. This set is perfect for everyday use as it doesn’t darken the light but makes everything look much sharper. The manufacturer recommends them for everyday use but doesn’t mention that they’re effective not only on sunny days but on cloudy days with high UV index too. Yellow lenses are also good for enhancing contrast on cloudy days, but it’s better to use them when it’s dark outside. If you need strong brightness reduction, try the colorful HD for increased contrast in hard white sunlight. Finally, the clear MLC set is designed for acuity boosting during dim evenings. The multi-layer coating provides lets you see more detail without difficulties.
Foam pads are attached to each set separately, which adds longevity to the entire kit. There are grooves in the foam to prevent fogging. Still, they’re not too big and keep moisture and debris away from your eyes. I recommend you consider this item if you need a universal solution for riding in all types of light conditions. You can quickly adjust these glasses to make them match the situation and continue the journey.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Four interchangeable lens sets
- Hard case and straps included
- Easy to replace lenses
- Sturdy frame
- Hinge vents for air circulation
- Same cleaning issue as with the previous model
- The brand logo on lenses
4. Bertoni Italy Motorcycle Goggles Padded Sunglasses – Photochromic Clear Motorcycle Riding Glasses
- FRAME: motorcycle glasses convertible to goggles in mat black anticrash polycarbonate - ADJUSTABLE NOSEPAD: soft Adjustable nosepad offers an exceptional fit for any shape of face. This system also allows to adjust the glasses’ height and their distance from the face to prevent misting - Thanks to their excellent grip at arms, at the adjustable nose pads and thanks to the elastic strap, this sunglasses will stay in place.
- NEW Sunsensor Photochromic Antifog Lens from cat 0 to 3: Innovative Technology , react consistently to light and UV rays - they darken from category 0 transparent ( indoor, foggy days, bad weather ) to grey category 3 sun tint ( outdoors, high brightness ), this lens adapts itself to changes in light - 100% UV protection. You can wear your tech sunglasses all day, don't need to change your lenses according to light conditions. Lenses are decentered in order to avoid any optical distorsion.
- Included a Removable Optical Insert Adaptor for Prescription, It can be stuck in the groove near the nosepad. Doesn't need install tools - any strength friendly, your optician can easily assemble your prescription to the clip. The dimension of the frame is 25x40mm - The inside of the front frame is covered with a removable windproof soft foam for a comfortable fitting.
- Interchangeables arms with elastic strap to have a very skin tight fitting for motorcycle and extreme sports - Size: suitable for all types of faces (narrow to large). The lens meets "drop ball anticrash test".
- Autodarkening 100% UV protection - Wraparound design: protects the eyes from wind and bad weather, provide enhanced peripheral vision - Lens width: 65mm ( curved sport wraparound windproof lens ) - Lens height 44mm - Optical Clip: 40x25 mm. - 4 Years Warranty - Lifetime Support - 30 days to return - ALL INCLUDED inside paper box, case, microfiber.
Photochromic lenses are very comfortable when you don’t have an opportunity to change lenses. That’s why they’re popular amongst riders who take part in time-taking competitions. You can adjust the frame to the sports regime by replacing the average rubberized temples with a thick strap. You can change its length and strength. Unlike straps included in previous kits, this one is elastic and doesn’t have a Velcro, so they cannot fall off at all. It’s an excellent solution if you like performing stunts and taking part in extreme sports events on your bike.
The soft foam frame adds up protection. You can easily remove it to clean the frame and install the optical insert. This part is a saving option for riders who have bad eyesight. You can give these glasses to your optician and have prescription lenses installed. The insert allows you to attach lenses of any strength without affecting the convenience. The wraparound frame design ensures clear peripheral vision with a minimal warp factor and no distance perception distortion. If you feel a bit inconvenient, you can also adjust the nose pad to find the right height and distancing. That’s what previous models don’t offer.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Lenses adapt to light automatically
- Powerful UV protection
- Optical inserts for prescription lenses
- Stretchable strap for extreme sports
- Adjustable nose pad
- Irreplaceable lenses
5. Bobster Rukus Photochromic Sunglasses – Medium-Sized Solution for Cruising
- STYLE AND FUNCTION: The Rukus combines function and style into one seemless sunglass perfect whether you're spending a day on the bike, or at the beach.
- ANTI-FOG PHOTOCHROMIC LENS: Bobster anti-fog photochromic lenses are designed to automatically darken/lighten to the amount of ultraviolet (UV) light that reaches the lens. The advantage of a photochromic lens is that you can wear your eyewear all day and not have to carry multiple sets of eyewear with you or change your lenses according to light conditions, and Anti-fog coating provides fog free vision to help see clearly longer. Rukus lenses are also Rx precription ready (Rx-able)
- CLOSED CELL FOAM: The Rukus also comes with removable closed cell foam to ensure a tear free ride while cruising. This type of foam provides low water absorption while being weather and chemical resistant. It also lasts longer than most other foams
- IMPACT RESISTANT UV PROTECTION: Our Polycarbonate lenses are up to 10 times more impact-resistant than plastic or glass lenses and they also provide 100% protection from the sun's harmful UV rays. They are also lightweight, adding to the comfort of your eyewear
- OPTICALLY CORRECT LENSES: Optically correct lenses prevent headaches from extended wear of eyewear. Non-optically correct lenses cause continuous refocusing due to distortion. This places a large amount of strain on the eyes and can eventually lead to headaches, nausea and dizziness. All Bobster styles come with optically correct lenses
The slightly curved temples have long soft rubber pads that prevent skin irritation not only on a small spot behind your ears but along the entire length of the inner adjacent part of the temples. There’s no strap for extra tightness, but you don’t need it if you ride calmly.
I have to say that these glasses have the most optically correct polycarbonate lenses. My optician figured out that they have the lowest peripheral distortion rate among other models on my list. This means the lowest strain during long cruises. You’re not likely to notice the difference if you need the glasses for 2-3 hours per day, but if you like to ride longer, you will thank these lenses for low strain. Also, photochromic technology allows the glasses to adjust to all lighting types and UV levels.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Lightweight model
- Convenient case with a clip
- Fast protomorphic lenses
- The lowest periphery distortion rate
- Removable foam
- No strap;
- No slot for prescription lenses.
6. Verdster Airdam Motorcycle & Driving Sunglasses – Polarized Motorcycle Glasses
- ✔️ SEASON 2023 IMPROVEMENTS: SUNGLASSES HAVE A BETTER, LONGER-LASTING GLUE USED FOR FOAM PADDING & A NEW FOLDABLE CASE ✔️
- 🕶️ AIRDAM MENS SUNGLASSES 🕶️ - These custom polarized sunglasses for men reduce eyestrain & glare as well as eliminate reflected, scattered, and direct light, yet maintain all of the vibrancy and color.
- 😎BIKERS AND CYCLERS CHOICE😎 Lightweight, padded frame with soft foam and adjustable nose pads will ensure a comfortable fit. If you love riding cycles, motorcycles and other outdoor sports, these cycling glasses are the ones to get.
- 🛡️ UV400 PROTECTION 🛡️ Thanks to the UV400 protective lens, your eyes are shielded from harmful UVA & UVB rays making these polarized sunglasses for men more than a stylish sports accessory!
- 🎁 IT'S NOT JUST SPORTS SUNGLASSES🎁 that come with your purchase. Each of these is packed in a magnetic triangle case and accessories like a soft pouch & cleaning cloth.
The UV400 filter blocks harmful UVA and UVB radiation levels. As my optician explained, we usually don’t notice the rays. Still, they affect our retinas, crystalline lenses, and eye muscles, so it’s important to cut as much extra light as possible. These glasses do their job well and don’t require any extra maintenance. Consider them if you always ride when the sun is shining, and other lens types aren’t needed. Airdam wind-resistant motorcycle glasses are light, sturdy, and fit softly. Due to almost straight temples, you will feel comfortable independently from the positions of your ears. The bridge of these sunglasses is also very wide, making it suitable for all nose sizes.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Universal size
- HQ UV400 filter
- Lightweight sporty design
- Excellent for sunny areas
- Microfiber included
- No hard case
How to Choose the Best Motorcycle Glasses for Wind?
When choosing the best motorcycle glasses for wind protection, there are a few things you need to take into consideration:
- Wind protection. The best wind protection glasses will have a windshield that is tall enough to block the wind, and they should also have side shields to keep the wind from coming in from the sides.
- Level of comfort. The best motorcycle glasses for wind should be comfortable to wear for long periods of time, and they should not fog up.
- Type of frame. There are three main types of frames to choose from full-face, half-face, and open-face. Each has its own benefits and drawbacks.
- Lens type. There are three main types of lenses: clear, tinted, and photochromic. Each has its own benefits and drawbacks as well.
- Size of the lens. This will determine how much coverage you will get from the glasses.
- Style of the glasses. This is mostly a matter of personal preference.
Do glasses protect your eyes from wind?
Wearing glasses can help protect your eyes from the wind while riding, but for effective protection, you need to consider size, lens type, and frame type.
How do I keep my glasses on when riding?
There are two main ways to keep your glasses on when riding. The first is to use a helmet with a built-in visor or glasses. The second is to use a pair of sports glasses that have straps that go around your head.
Your Main Sense
Clear sight is crucial for every driver. Your duty to society is to be maximally attentive on the road. Your safety is highly important, either. If you don’t like full-face helmets or they don’t match the style of your two-wheeler, you have to choose the most effective motorcycle eyeglasses for your environment. Fortunately, the offers that I tested let you make a deliberate choice preserving your style and ensuring top security at the same time.
Look for functionality that meets your requirements as well. Comfortable accessories reduce irritation and distraction, adding up to your safety on the road too. Sometimes it’s good to have 2 or more pairs of good glasses for different circumstances and your passengers. Don’t purchase items until you make sure that most reviews are positive and based on real user experience like my reviews.
Do you know any tips for the proper use of motorcycle glasses? Or maybe you have some positive/negative experience of using this accessory? In both cases, I will be glad to see your comments in the section below. You can also use it to ask me questions related to the topic of the article. For more detailed product reviews and motorcycling tips, stay tuned to YourMotoBro.com.