Best Motorcycle Phone Mount – Exhaustive Reviews of the Top Products
Before sharing the experience of my favorite phone mounts, here’s how it all started. I fell in love with motorbikes at the age of 17, when I had my first ride. However, I badly wanted to get my own bike, I had the opportunity to ride my friend’s Yamaha Fazer occasionally. I loved it. Today, I have a Honda 600 Shadow, and I’m the happiest when I’m on two wheels. On the weekends, my friends, namely Bruce and Max, and I have never found a better way to unwind and relax than to take country motorcycle rides.
The dangers of holding a phone by hand when riding a motorcycle cannot be overlooked. Picking up a call or selecting your favorite song on your playlist during a ride can be catastrophic, as this is said to be one of the leading causes of motorcycle accidents. Phone mounts for motorcycle are not only lifesavers but also convenient motorcycle accessories that enable riders to securely carry their phone and listen to their most loved music with ease. Ever since I started riding bikes, I’ve used several motorcycle cell phone mounts, and truth be told, I found some convenient while others never served their purpose. Many low-quality motorcycle phone mounts never lasted as long, as they were susceptible to wear and tear.
9 Best Motorcycle GPS Phone Mounts
Rather than spending hours trying to search for a good motorcycle phone mount, I will take you through nine motorcycle cell phone mount reviews covering my favorite phone mount products. When choosing the ideal phone mount for your bike, there are several products you ought to take into account. When picking the best cell phone motorcycle mount, you should consider the material used in building it as this determines the strength and the longevity of the mount. There are many phone mounts made of cheap plastics, and these are easy to snap. No ridder wants to be replacing a phone mount ever month simple because the previous one caught during an extreme off-road ride. Also, the best cell phone mount for motorcycle will depend on the compatibility with your phone. If a mount cannot be adjusted to perfectly grip a small or big phone, then it cannot serve the purpose it is meant for. Other factors to take into account include bike handlebar compatibility, the efficiency of the mounting process, and the pricing. Let’s have a look at the various products among my favorite motorcycle phone mounts.
RAM Mounts RAM-B-149Z-UN7U-R – Ram Cell Phone Mount for Motorcycles
RAM mounts are among the most reliable mounts on the market, as they are built to last as they are made of high-quality materials including steel, rubber and industrial plastic. This Ram mount motorcycle phone holder is among my favorite mounts as it is not only easy to install, but it also has a stainless-steel holder frame that can withstand extreme movements without snapping. Also, it is loaded with a spring that acts as a shock absorber and therefore can securely hold the phone even during bumpy rides. This Ram hone mount features curved rubbered holder tips that aid in keeping the phone in place without dropping it. Another factor that makes this one of my best motorcycle phone mounts is the compatibility with a wide range of smartphone sizes. The holder clamps can be adjusted to fit differed phone widths. Again, the unit comes with a rubber rope that can be used to offer extra hold more so when riding in extreme terrains where the ride is so bumpy. Also, it does not cover the entire phone, therefore, leaving room to plug earphones whenever the rider desires to listen to music. The downside to this Ram mount for phone is that it does not protect the phone against weather phenomena such as rain and splashing water. Other than that, this Ram phone mount for motorcycle is an awesome accessory that serves for long. I would recommend it to any ridder.Positives:
- Features a spring-loaded holder that allows for expansion and contraction for all mobile phone sizes
- Has rubber clamps that hold the phone in place
- Features stainless steel durable parts for extra strength
- It is compatible with a wide range of mobile device brands and sizes including iOS and Android devices5. It comes with a tether essential for extreme terrains such as rocky paths
- Assembly and mounting might be a little challenging when doing it for the first time
- It does not protect the phone from dust and precipitation
IPOW Metal – Best Phone Mount for Motorcycle
IPOW Metal mount had to be featured in my top 9 list of best phone mount for motorcycle owing to its incredible features and reliability. It has a strong base mount made of hardened metal that is efficient for bumpy rides such as during mountain excavations. This not only makes the mount sturdy but durable. Another reason that makes this one of my favorite cell phone motorcycle mount is the adjustable pivot point. It allows for compatibility with a variety of motorbike handlebars in regards to the diameter. Some bikes have large handlebars and others somewhat thin. This mount is designed to fit most handlebar sizes up to a diameter of 1.1 inches. Also, the holder can be rotated at an angle of 360° to give the rider the flexibility of conveniently finding the best aspect of view when riding. The mount is fitted with rubber holder straps, which aid in securing the phone in place and also acts as shock absorbers. During bumpy rides, the straps can absorb the pressure and prevent the phone from dropping off the mount. The holder has an arched design that is useful in keeping the phone in place. However, considering there are other mounts designed to protect the phone from weather elements, the IPOW Metal ram phone mount does not serve this purpose. Overall, I would recommend this great product any day to any motorcycle rider.
- 【Unbreakable Metallic Base Mount】Solid metal mount won’t snap at high speeds or degrade under sunlight. No worries of breaking due to bumps or shocks while riding. Sturdy enough to withstand the vibration of motorcycle and wind force during rides. Much more durable than plastic mount and won’t break ever! *NOTE: This is not a whole metal product.The ball joint, stem, and the base mount that holds the handlebar are made of metal.The clamp that holds the phone is made of ABS engineering plastic.
- 【Maximum Protection】 Shock-Absorbing Shim can tightly hold the handlebar and eliminate vibration. Arc-shaped Phone Holder can prevent the phone from popping out. Rubber straps catch the corners of phone to add extra security. It will keep in place even over bumpy roads or in the wind. No wobble or looseness!
- 【Universal Fit - Mount any Phone to any Bike & Motorcycle】 3 - step pivot point can be adjust to mount it to any handlebars up to 1.1" of ATV, Mountain / Road Bicycle, Motorcycle. [ 2.3-3.5" ] wide clamp can snugly hold iPhone 6s / 6s Plus iPhone 7 / 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7 / Galaxy S7 Edge, OnePlus 3, HTC.
- 【Adjustable Grip with 360° Rotation Freedom】Tool-free installation makes it easy to mount any cell phone to any handlebar. Simply adjust and secure your phone in any angle and position. You can set the phone landscape or portrait for easy of viewing.
- 【12 Month Warranty & 100% Satisfaction Guarantee】 Feel free to contact us if you have any issues. All issues will be solved within 24 hours. We’ll process refund or send you a replacement without any additional conditions. We love to generate a long time relationship with customers!
- Features a metallic mount that is sturdy therefore not susceptible to snapping
- Has an adjustable pivot point to accommodate a wide range of handlebars in regards to diameter
- Has a 360° angle phone rotation allowance for the perfect angle of view
- Features rubbered straps that aid in securing the phone in place during rides on rugged terrains
- Has a shock-absorbent shim that carbs mechanical damage to the phone during bumpy rides
- Plastic parts are not that long-lasting compared to metallic parts
Wiki Valley – Leading Motorcycle Cell Phone Mounts
Wiki Valley is a leading brand of most reliable phone mounts. Owing to the design, it is waterproof and dustproof. It has a unique design as it features a pouch that encapsulates the phone, therefore protecting it from dust, splashing water, and extreme weather conditions such as rain. It has a waterproof zipping system that stops water infiltrating through the zipper. This handlebar phone mount motorcycle accessory is compatible with a variety of phone brands and sizes. It is one of the most efficient and dependable motorcycle cell phone mounts in the market when considering shock-resistance. This mount can withstand extreme shock as it has a thickened sponge mat that serves to protect the phone from mechanical damage regardless of the extreme movement. It also features a fixed its board that is efficient in holding the phone in place. Considering that it covers the entire phone, it has a sensitive, transparent top that allows for convenient using of the smartphone when riding. However, the fact that it has parts made of plastic cannot be overlooked. It is given that metallic parts are more durable than plastic. On that note, the holder is prone to span over a long time when exposed to extreme bumpy movements. It is one of the mounts I would highly recommend especially to ridders living in areas with high precipitation levels.
- The holder is waterproof therefore protects phones from any form of precipitation and dust
- It can hold a wide range of devices up to 6.2.”
- It is shockproof and will securely hold handheld devices in place even during extreme rides
- It has a simple, intuitive mounting procedure5. The transparent covering is sensitive to allow efficient phone usage while riding
- Plastic parts are susceptible to snaps compared to metallic parts
- Does not have an earphone jack port
Roam Universal Premium – Motorcycle Handlebar Mount for Phone
The Roam Universal Premium phone mount is another reliable product you can get at a budget. This motorcycle handlebar mount for phone is compatible with phones widths measuring up to 3.5 inches. One of the cool features with this Roam motorcycle phone mount is the adjustable mount pivot that makes it compatible with different handlebar diameters. Also, this motorcycle mount for cell phone has silicone straps that are sturdy and help in keeping the phone secured regardless of the movements. I like it because it has a curved clamp that also helps in firmly holding the phone, preventing it from dropping during bumpy rides. Here are advantages and disadvantages of Roam phone mount:
- UNIVERSAL FOR ALL PHONES: This universal bike phone mount will securely fit almost any cell phone up to 3.5 inches wide! Holds iPhone 12, 11, X, iPhone XR, iPhone 8 | 8Plus, iPhone 7 | 7 Plus. Samsung Galaxy S7 | Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S9, OnePlus 3, HTC 11. Refer to SIZING GUIDE in the description for more.
- HANDLEBAR COMPATIBILITY: Size is adjustable to fit handlebar sizes from 7/8” - 1-1/4” in diameter for your bicycle or motorcycle. Refer to SIZING GUIDE in the description. *NOTE: will not fit super sport bikes (crotch rockets) clip-on style handlebars.
- SECURE GRIP & LARGEST CLAMP: Using two points of contact, The Co-Pilot will securely mount your device to your handlebars using a premium hard plastic grip with a silicone net, securing each corner of your device tightly to the mount! Also the Co-Pilot has the largest handle bar clamp on the market and can fit any size handlebar!
- NICE & STURDY: The premium hard plastic material will keep from breaking. The silicone net, unlike rubber, is extremely strong and durable. The material stretches up to 4 times itself, and will secure your phone on the wildest of adventures.
- We stand (and ride) behind our products: We believe in providing quality and value–for life. That’s why you’re covered by our Lifetime of Quality policy.
- It is compatible with most phones up to a width of 3.5 inches
- Features an adjustable mount pivot to accommodate different handlebar diameter sizes
- Features silicone straps that serve as a shock absorber and secures the phone in place even on turbulent rides
- It has a curved clamp to hold the phone firmly
- It has an easy installation process
- It has plastic made parts, and these are prone to breaking with time
Visnfa – Best Motorcycle Mount Phone Accessory
The Visnfa is one of the best motorcycle phone mount units today. It has a unique locking system for holding the phone in place. Having a four-corner holder, it has a one-way locking system that adjusts the holder to grip or release the phone. With this holder design, there are minimal chances of phone dropping. It also allows for a 360° rotation that gives the rider a convenient angle of view. It is compatible with a wide range of phone sizes ranging between 3.5 inches and 6.5 inches in width. However, it does not protect him from weather phenomena. Here are the pros and cons of this mount:
- Sturdy and Secure: the bike phone holder clamp comes with 4 support corners to ensure your phone stays securely attached to your bicycle handlebars
- Security Upgrade: automatic locking cooperate with one-way prevent back gear, prevent the occurrence of loose during strenuous exercise!
- Rotation 360 Degrees: the phone holder and the handlebar connector are connected by a spherical universal joint, allowing you to adjust your phone to any angle you want!
- Easy Installation: convenient tool-free installation makes it easy mount to any bicycle handlebar,only need to locate and lock nut ; new handlebar connector for easier installation!
- Universal Compatibility: this bicycle phone mount is carefully designed to perfectly, universal adjust ability that will securely fit any smartphone up to 3.5 and 6.5 inches wide.
- Allows 360° phone angle rotation to attain the perfect angle of view
- It features a four-corner holder that securely holds the phone with minimal probability of dropping
- It can hold a wide range of phone brands and sizes
- Has a one-way locking system for the perfect phone grip 5. It is easy to install and clamp the phone
- Mostly comprises plastic parts that are not as durable compared to steel parts
- Does not protect the phone from dust and precipitation
ROCONTRIP Bike Phone Mount That Can Serve You Well
Another of my favorite motorcycle phone mounts brand is ROCOTRIP. It is a very convenient mount as it comes with an integrated LED lamp and a compass. It also has a 360° rotation allowance to give the rider the perfect angle of view. It also has a silicon pad essential for absorbing shocks, therefore protecting the smartphone from damage. It is compatible with most smartphones with widths of up to 6.5 inches. It has an anti-theft stud. It has an easy installation process and is also easy to remove. Though it is a little pricy, I would say its quality matches the price point, that is why I can recommend it to any rider.
- 【Additional LED + Compass】: Our Bike phone mount holder is equipped with 2 LED to illuminate your cycling road in dark. An additional compass help you figure out the right direction when riding an unfamiliar road
- 【360°Rotary + Stably Fixed Non-Slip】: Bike phone holder base and phone clip is connected via universal ball joint, there is a bolt to fasten it after you adjusted the view angle, also to make sure the two part is firmly connected to avoid falling onto ground. And there is a rotary knob to fasten the clip after you put on your phone to make sure it is stably fixed
- 【Anti-Scratch Bump Absorbing + Fit Most Phones】: Anti-scratch on both handlebar and your phones with rubber pad on the contact surface which is also bump absorbing. Fit phones from 3.0” to 6.5” with a width about 52-87 mm
- 【Easy to Install & Remove】: Our bike phone mount holder is suitable for handlebar diameter from 20-30 mm. You just need to lock it to the bike handlebar with a bolt easily and stably(a spanner will be together as a bonus)
- 【Satisfaction Guarantee】: If you are not 100% satisfied with our bike phone holder, please feel free to contact us, we offer a 30-day hassle-free refund and welcome all your constructive suggestions.
- Features an LED, which is resourceful for night vision
- Comes with a compass essential during off-road and mountain excavations
- Features a 360° rotary mechanism, which allows different angles of view
- Has a shock-absorbing pad to prevent mechanical damage to the phone
- It is covered by a hassle-free refund policy
- It is somewhat pricy
SpoLite Chrome – Best Cell Phone Mount for Motorcycle
SpoLite Chrome had to be featured in my best motorcycle cell phone mount list. It is durable, thanks to the aluminum build and sturdy straps that protect the phone from dropping regardless of the movements. It also allows 360° rotation angle, which offers flexibility for obtaining the perfect angle of view. The mount accommodates a wide range of smartphone sizes as the holding straps are elastic and the mounting frame is expandable for holding larger phones. The pivot can also be adjusted to fit different handlebar sizes for the perfect grip. This unit has an easy mounting process and is therefore convenient to use. I would recommend it to all motorcycle riders.
- ✅【Metal is better】 Made in premium aluminum metal, 3 times longer lifetime & 5 years warranty. Packed in SpoLite bike mount exquisite box. Equiped with tools set. Enjoy handwork installation, enjoy foot riding.
- ✅ 【Unique design】 360 degree rotation. Aluminum material, manual installation. Classical mechanical structure bike mount dressed up in bright chrome colors. Best attractive bicycle phone holder, prefer by explorer.
- ✅【Safer bike mount for phone】 No falling tied in elastic bands. No scratches hold in rubber gasket. No damage made in chrome aluminum. SpoLite bicycle phone holder protects your phone and release your spirit.
- ✅【More using places】 Easy installation on bike, bicycle, motorcycle, baby stroller. Free your hand and focus attention on safe ride. This bike mount supports handlebar between 0.89 to 1.38 inch diameter, not only a phone holder for bicycle.
- ✅【Fit all phones】SpoLite bike mount designed with adjustable wide clamp vary from 2.75 to 3.94 inches to match 4.5 inch to 6.5 inch phones as iPhone X, iPhone 7/8, 7/8 plus, Samsung Galaxy S9, S8, S7, Note 8, Huawei P20, Huawei P20 Pro.
- Made of high-quality aluminum, which is more durable and less susceptible to snaps
- The clamp allows 360° rotation of the phone to achieve the convenient angle of view
- Feature a rubber clamp that firmly holds the phone and absorbs shock during bumpy rides
- Has an easy mounting process
- It is convenient for use with all phones, as the holding bracket is adjustable
- Does not protect the phone against dust and precipitation
Issyzone Universal – Best Cell Phone Motorcycle Mount
The Issyzone Universal motorcycle phone mount is one of the best units as it comes as a motorcycle phone mount and charger. I like it as I can conveniently charge my phone using my bikes battery while on the go. Noteworthy, the charging system is fast. Also, it has adjustable holding clamps making it compatible with a variety of smartphones in regards to the size. It features shock-absorbing parts that are resourceful in keeping the phone intact regardless of the extreme tension during bumpy rides. It has an intuitive installation process. I would recommend it to hobbyists.
- It allows for connection with the motorbike’s battery for charging the phone while on the go
- Can be rotated at a 360° angle to allow the perfect angle of view
- Has adjustable clamps to hold phones of different sizes
- It can withstand shocks without dropping the phone
- Has a fast charging mechanism
- It is not designed for racing bikes
- The plastic parts are not as durable as metallic ones
PROCYMD 2 in 1 Waterproof with Charger – Motorcycle Phone Mount and Charger
The PROCYMD phone mount is a favorite to me owing to the great performance it serves. It not only helps in conveniently holding the phone but also protects it from water as it has a waterproof cover. Also, it features a charging unit that conveniently enables the rider to charge their phone using the bike’s battery. Noteworthy, it has a shock-absorbing surface that helps in keeping the phone secure. It is ideal for mounting most smartphones as it has an adjustable holder that can accommodate different phone width sizes. It is convenient for different handlebar diameters. I would recommend it to all ridders.
- COMPATIBILITY: Fits for 12V to 85V motorcycle, electric bicycle, scooter, ATV, car, etc. Holder fits any mobile devices between 3.5" to 6.5", and Rearview Mirror Fixed Base Suits for 6mm and 10mm screw interface or screw to Install.
- EXTRA SECURE & SHOCK ABSORBING: 4 rubberized claws grips device firmly and securely. The 4 claws holds four corners of cellphone or GPS tightly, make your most extreme race to make the phone fell out, be sure it won't!
- ADJUSTABLE GRIP WITH 360 DEGREES ROTATION FREEDOM: Simply adjust and secure your phone to any angle and position that suits your preference with the special rubberized ball and bracket design.
- FAST CHARGING SPEED & FULL PHONE ACCESS: With 5V 2Amp USB charger for your mobile devices charging while you are on a riding trip. While your device is mounted. Use your mobile screen, buttons and mic jack for music. No need to unmount your smart phone or iPod to use it. Keep your hands on the handlebar. +100 to SAFENESS!
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: if, for whatever reason, you don't absolutely love your cycle mount, just contact us, and we'll refund every penny (or replace it, if there is an issue).
- It has a waterproof cover for protection against splashes, rain and any other form of precipitation
- Perfect for a wide range of phone sizes as it has an adjustable clamp system
- Features a USB charging port for conveniently charging the phone while on the go
- It has a shock-absorbing mechanism for protection against mechanical damage
- Allows room for earphones usage as the Aux out port is conveniently exposed
- It is made of plastic parts, which are prone to snapping under intense pressure
Best Motorcycle Phone Mount – Buyer’s Guide
To but best phone mount can be a big challenge, especially when the choice is wide and all models are available. Still, with the help of such reviews, you can realize the basic features to look for. Below are some factors to take into account when purchasing a motorcycle phone mount.
The material used to design a phone mount is among the most important factors to consider as this determines the longevity of the mount. It is advisable to go for a mount that is primarily metallic such as the Ram x grip motorcycle phone mount. Such type of material is a true guarantee of durability and high quality.
Your mount of choice should be able to perfectly fit your phone, offering a solid grip in such a way that it is difficult for the phone to fell. Of course, smartphones are different, and it is hard to pick the product that will guard the mobile completely. All you need to do is to remember that it should have adjustable holders to accommodate phones of different sizes. Be careful with this option as the wrong choice can cause the damaged phone.
Considering that different motorbikes have varying handlebar sizes, the mount pivot point should be adjustable to fit different handlebar diameter sizes. So, it is crucial to find what sizes you will need and pick the model that can offer it.
Installing a phone mount should not be a hassle. Consider purchasing a unit that has a simple and easy installation and removal process. Mostly every package goes with the manual or some instructions to facilitate this process. Follow those steps, and the installation will bring you just pleasure. Moreover, you can always address to the support service of the product you bought and find the way out of the problem.
There are mounts that feature additional accessories such as compass and LED torch. In any case, you would need such an accessory, it would be efficient to go for a phone mount that comes with additional features. For example, there are waterproof phone mount motorcycle accessories intended to shelter the phone from water. Such upgraded products are the solution from different problems, as now you know how to protect your phone or another device from water.
Moreover, such product as torch guarantees you safety in dark period. Never underestimate such tiny things. Be sure that those products are not only nice accessories but also the measurement of your safety.
Different phone mounts come at different price points. You should consider your budget when purchasing a motorcycle phone mount. Do not make the typical mistake to buy the cheapest one. Remember the golden rule that the price is the reflection of the quality. It is almost impossible to buy a good product paying a few pence. Only imagine the material it would be made with and technology. In any case, consider all factors and make the right decision.
Yes, but this depends on your motorcycle’s handlebar size and the terrain. Some bicycle phone mounts can be used on motorcycles with thin handlebars.
Which Is Your Best Cell Phone Mount for Motorcycle?
Now that we’ve looked at the best phone mounts in the market, it should be really easy to figure out which’s the best product for you. In conclusion, if you’re not on a bargain, going for a high-end phone mount would be a significant consideration. This would save you money considering you won’t have to occasionally buy others owing to durability. Also, just a recommendation, metallic motorcycle phone mounts are more sturdy and durable than plastic ones. So if you don’t have any plans of visiting the motorcycle gear store occasionally, then go for a metallic one.
Noteworthy, some household names manufacture phone mounts that are considered of low quality, but are over priced because of the brand name. So, you need to make a choice not based on the brand name but the basis of the features. Again, ensure that you pick a product that matches your handlebar size. In case you have a phone mount designed for a bicycle, you can use it on your motorbike but ensure that it fits your motorbike’s handlebar diameter. For riders in uneven terrain regions where rides are always bumpy, ensure that the phone mount you pick has a perfect grip of the phone to avoid the handheld device from falling.
Some additional features come in handy in diverse circumstances. Therefore, you can consider purchasing a phone mount that has extra features. You might need them someday. If you’ve already bought and used one, or you have had an experience with any of the reviewed phone mounts, feel free to share your experience with me in the comment section below. In case you have other good quality phone mounts in mind, I would love to hear your suggestions. What is your desirable model? What features do you appreciate the most?