Best Performance Exhaust for Harley Davidson: Quick Way to Get Better Ride
Nobody argues that your Harley-Davidson looks awesome. But still, can you make it better? Sure, you can! With a new exhaust system, you can increase its power and torque, improve sound and exhaust gas flow.
To create this article, I compared several products and wrote the best performance exhaust for Harley Davidson reviews to help you make your choice. In addition to excellent technical characteristics, they also have a stunning appearance. Do not deny yourself the pleasure and install a new spare part. After all, one of the advantages of owning an HD is the possibility of its modification.
Top 5 Harley Exhaust Pipes Reviews
The exhaust systems on my list can help you improve the performance of your motorcycle by several steps. Also, do not forget about an appearance: an exhaust system should fit perfectly into the overall exterior of your bike.
1. Best Sportster Exhaust: Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggered Full System Exhaust
The world’s leading brand Vance & Hines, has been producing motorcycle parts for about 40 years, improving their performance and look. When choosing a suitable exhaust system, be sure to pay attention to the list of vehicle models and the year of manufacture, since this company does not make universal parts.
Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggered Full System Exhaust was designed for the 2014-2018 Harley-Davidson Sportster. The company also produces the best exhaust for Harley Breakout. Two short pipes of this model are 1.75 inches in diameter. They are made with a slight bend angle to reduce exhaust backpressure and increase your bike’s overall power and performance.
The CO2 sensor is located deeper than in other systems. It achieves better data feedback to your electronic control unit. The item, together with the sensor mounting system, weighs 21 pounds.
Appearance and sound
The system has a matte black finish, and the pipe ends have a signature oblique cut. The manufacturer used the so-called blue proof system, which increases the life of this finish. A heat shield covers the entire length of the pipes.
In terms of sound, it is one of the most aggressive models on the market today. My practice shows that the roar of a motorcycle becomes two or even three times louder. Some states have banned the use of such systems due to outdoor noise and sound regulation acts. Although, if you wish, you can additionally purchase quiet baffles.
- Fits 2014-2018 Sportster models
- Signature twin Slash end treatment
- Full coverage heat shields
- Flat plane 12mm oxygen sensor mounts
- Matte Black finish. Made in the USA
- Excellent appearance;
- The oxygen sensor was put deeper than usual;
- Easy to install.
- You will have to purchase quiet baffles;
- A bit pricey.
2. Best Sounding Harley Exhaust: Cobra Neighbor Hater Mufflers 6190
The American company Cobra has established itself as a reliable manufacturer of motorcycle accessories. It started with the production of exhaust systems and is now one of the industry leaders.
Cobra Neighbor Hater Mufflers 6190 fit a fairly large number of Harley-Davidson models (almost the entire Touring product line from 2017 to 2020). So don’t forget to check if your bike is on this list.
The big plus of the product is that traditionally slip-on mufflers are one of the cheapest options. It has two long round pipes with a diameter of 4 inches. Unlike many other models, they expand by half an inch towards the end. These mufflers weigh 20.8 pounds. With such a system, your vehicle will drive even better.
Appearance and sound
The item also greatly enhances the sound of your motorcycle. It’s called Neighbor Hater for a reason. It is mainly due to the pipes expanding towards their ends, which work like megaphones and make the sound even deeper.
The pipes have a shiny chrome finish and a smooth, slightly rounded end. The design fits perfectly with the rather aggressive HD look. Installing parts will not take you more than 30 minutes.
- Aggressive slip-ons for those who think loud just isnt loud enough.
- The Neighbor Haters start as 4 in. round tubes, then bell out to 4-1/2 in. and finally a belled exit.
- for an aggressive and classic design.
- The muffler tip is rolled to give them a clean, finished look.
- A loud bark is
- Pipes expand towards the ends;
- Chrome aggressive look;
- Very loud, not allowed everywhere.
3. Best Pipes for Harley for Rumble Sound: SHARKROAD Megaphone Muffler Exhaust
SHARKROAD is another American company. They produce various motorcycle parts and accessories but primarily specialize in exhaust systems.
SHARKROAD Megaphone Muffler Exhaust will fit all 2017-2020 HD Touring bikes as well as the previous model on my list. The inlet end (clutch side inlet) is 1.75 inches in diameter, and the outlet end is 4.4 inches. The total length of the product is 29 inches, and the weight is 15.97 pounds.
These mufflers are supplied with all the necessary attachment parts and a short but easy-to-follow installation manual. Once installed, the ECM configuration is not required.
Appearance and sound
This model has a matte black finish. There are removable baffles at pipe ends that provide a deep and aggressive growl rather than just an over-loud exhaust. If you wish, you can remove them and tips to make it a little louder. But remember that this will affect the power of your bike.
With prolonged use, the coating may begin to fade. Although it is quite noticeable externally, it does not affect the sound and other technical characteristics. These mufflers are worth their money.
- 👍 【LOUD IS NOT ENOUGH】Astute rider knows that loud alone isn't enough—your bike needs to sound great too.
- 🏍️ 【FITS 2017-2020 HD TOURING】Only fit 2017-2020 Harley Davidson Touring include Street Glide, Road Glide, Road King, Electra Glide, Ultra Classic and all EVO versions. Not for 2 into 1 exhaust and Tri Glide or Freewheeler. This muffler only fit H-D stock headers don"t fit all aftermrket brands headers please contact before purchasing.
- 🛠️ 【REMOVABLE BAFFLE AND TIP】Remove end tips and baffle is very easy for this muffler.
- 🛠️ 【EASY TO INSTALL】No need to reject your carburetor, or reprogram your ECM, and ship with hardware for easy installation.
- 😀 【100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION】24/7 Customer Service for any questions from you.
- Megaphone shape significantly improves bike sound;
- Easy to install;
- Not deafeningly loud;
- With prolonged use, the coating may begin to fade.
4. Best Pipes for Harley for Throaty Sound: SHARKROAD Chrome Slip Ons Muffler Exhaust
It is another model from the SHARKROAD company. By the manufacturer’s own assessment, these mufflers are much louder than the previous product on my list, although not the loudest in their product line.
This Chrome Slip Ons Muffler Exhaust is designed for the 1995-2016 Harley-Davidson Touring models. The tubes are shaped like a megaphone and expand from 1.75 inches to 4 inches. Each pipe is 31 inches long and weighs 22 pounds in total. They are easy to install in minutes, without the need to reconfigure your vehicle’s ECM.
The baffles at the pipe ends are honeycomb-shaped and can be easily removed if necessary. This shape was not chosen by chance: it increases the bike’s overall power and torque. If you do decide to remove them, check noise standards for your area.
Appearance and sound
The item has a high-gloss chrome finish. It fits perfectly into the exterior of any HD model year. As practice shows, narrower pipes give louder sound and more performance. Usually, riders remove the baffles to make the bike even louder, but you don’t have to with these mufflers. It already gives an excellent throaty sound.
- ✅ 【DEEP BASS THROATY SOUND】Much loud than stock, but not obnoxious, Nice rumble at idle and at cruising speed.
- ✅ 【FITS 1995-2016 HD TOURING】Only fit 1995-2016 Harley Davidson Touring include Street Glide, Road Glide, Road King, Electra Glide, Ultra Classic and all EVO versions. Not for 2 into 1 exhaust and Tri Glide or Freewheeler. This muffler only fit H-D stock headers don"t fit all aftermrket brands headers please contact before purchasing.
- ✅ 【REMOVABLE BAFFLE】If you need louder sound, you can remove the baffle easily. Most of customers don't do it because already what they want.
- ✅ 【EASY TO INSTALL】No need to reject your carburetor, or reprogram your ECM, and ship with hardware for easy installation.
- ✅ 【100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION】24/7 Customer Service for any questions from you.
- Has a stunning look;
- Give excellent performance;
- Sturdy construction;
- Awesome price.
- Not suitable for modern models.
5. Best Harley Exhaust for Power: DRACULEXTREME Classic Fishtail Mufflers
DraculeXtreme company is the case when the name fully corresponds to the appearance of a product. If you want to make your bike look even more aggressive, you definitely need its Classic Fishtail Mufflers.
This product can only be used with HD Touring stock pipes 1995-2015. The long tubes are uniform in thickness and 1.8 inches in diameter. Remember, the narrower the part, the greater the speed of the exhaust gas flow. They are quite long (36 inches). The product’s weight is 10.38 pounds.
The installation of this part does not require any special skills or tools from you. Just loosen the bolts and remove the old part, then put on the new one and secure it. As mentioned, installing such accessories does not require an ECM setup.
Appearance and sound
The fishtail shape is traditionally considered old-school and more aggressive than straight pipes. Such a spare part instantly turns your bike into a monster that emits a deep roar. It is hand polished and has a glossy chrome finish. If you wish, you can purchase this model in a matte black finish, but it can show burnout if it is incorrectly set up and overheated.
- 1.Fitment: ONLY SUITS STOCK HEAD PIPES. For 1995-2016 Harley Davidson Touring models' stock head pipes only. Such as Baggers, Dressers, Electra Glide -FLHT, Road Glide -FLTR, Street Glide -FLHX, Ultra Classic, Road King -FLHR, FLTCU, etc. Not for other brands aftermarket head pipes.
- 2.Sound: LOUD! This Harley Fishtail exhaust makes your bike armed with a aggressive voice. Please see the performance and hear the sound first before purchasing.
- 3.Installing: Slip-on Mufflers,just need loosen the bolts. Then taking off the old one, and slipping on the new one. Finally tighten the bolts. Done!
- 4.Tuning or remap: Usually, changing Harley fishtail exhaust slip-on mufflers is no need of tuning. If worried about the discoloring issue, please tuning your bike after changing this Harley fishtail exhaust.
- 5.Customer Service: Always respond to every client’s question or feed back. Please contact with us whenever you have any questions or problems. Promise to solve it ASAP and 100% satisfaction for you.
- Retro design;
- Provides high performance;
- The most affordable model;
- Available in a black finish.
- Color change possible.
FAQ About the Best Performance Exhaust for Harley Davidson
Choosing the right exhaust system can be a daunting task for novice bikers. Now that you know which exhaust pipes I think are the best for Harley-Davidson, I will answer my readers’ most popular questions. Feel free to ask your question in the comments below if something from this article remains unclear to you.
What is the best exhaust setup for performance?
I would say it is Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggered Full System Exhaust. The patented Power Chamber technology boosts your bike’s power and torque. The oxygen sensor is located deeper than in other systems, which means a better connection with the engine control module.
Besides, this system has a protective heat shield along the entire length and just looks great on any HD model. Traditionally factory pipes have a duller sound, but this system can make your bike sound like a real hot-rod.
Should I tune my Harley after exhaust?
Most manufacturers claim that after changing exhaust to Harley-Davidson, there is no need to tune a bike as an ECM adjusts itself to the corresponding pipe diameter. And it is true. However, my practice shows that it is better to tune your vehicle. Especially if you have installed a full system and not slip-ons, it will let you achieve greater power, better engine performance, and avoid pipe overheating, which means longer product life.
What is the loudest pipe for a Harley-Davidson?
In my opinion, Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggered Full System Exhaust leads even in this position thanks to its short pipes. However, if you are not looking for a system, but a slip-on type item, then I would recommend Cobra Neighbor Hater Mufflers 6190.
The megaphone shape guarantees sound amplification several times compared to factory pipes. They have removable baffles that you can take off for getting louder sounds. But remember: louder doesn’t mean more powerful. Removing baffles can affect the overall performance of your bike.
What is the best 2 into 1 Harley exhaust?
It’s no coincidence that Vance & Hines Shortshots Staggered Full System Exhaust is first on my list. This model has some of the best technical characteristics, although it has a rather high price. But the reliability of this part is worth the money. Also, I think for any biker, their vehicle’s look and sound have a significant role, and this system looks and sounds fantastic.
Get the Best Performance Exhaust
If you are still wondering whether to buy a new exhaust instead of the factory one or not, then my definite answer is yes. First, it will help you get the best possible performance out of your bike. Secondly, your vehicle will sound in a new way: louder, more aggressive, and juicy. Thirdly, stock pipes do not always look excellent and impressive. With new parts, you can change this by adding an old-fashioned or modern look to your bike.
Have you ever upgraded your vehicle? What exhaust do you use? Do you agree that stock pipes sound worse? Leave your comments below!