Whether you use a motorcycle for getting around, or it is one of your biggest hobbies to take long rides on roads, you have to invest in a good pair of bike gloves. Finding the best summer motorcycle gloves is a real challenge, and a huge one if you are new to bike accessories.
I have been riding motorcycles for many years and would consider myself an expert in motorcycle gear. I understand the advantages and pitfalls of the various brands, and I also regularly try out some new products.
I want to mention a few things I consider when purchasing motorcycle gloves for the warm season. First, the coverage of such items matters. Regardless of your experience as a motorcycle rider, you need to have palm sliders, knuckle guards, padding, and reinforcements.
It is also important to consider how well the product fits. Does it have functional Velcro? Is it breathable? You have to keep in mind all these characteristics when choosing your bike gloves, with additional specifics being the price, functionality, and style. Just like when choosing the best summer motorcycle pants. You need to take into account many factors in order not to make a mistake with the choice.
To ease your selection process, I’ve decided to review a few bike accessories that proved to be sturdy, pretty accurate to the size, and allow enough air circulation. Below, you can find eight models that may become your number one option.
7 Highest-Rated Motorcycle Gloves for Summer
- Tour Master Summer Gloves – Premium Choice
- Chcycle Motorcycle Gloves – A Budget Choice
- Milwaukee MG7510-BLK-L Gloves – Top Pick
- TitanOps Hard Knuckle Gloves
- Protect the King Biker Gloves
- Scoyco Protective Motorcycle Gloves
- Oro Biker Motorcycle Gloves
I’ve tried out many motorcycle gloves over many years. In this section, I will thoroughly describe them and help you to pick a pair to your liking.
Before You Buy The Best Motorcycle Summer Gloves
Before we move on to my top, I want to share with you interesting facts about different types of gloves. I learned many features of each type of summer gloves, which depend on the material and purpose.
There are two main types of motorcycle gloves: those for road use and those for racing. Road gloves are generally shorter (although this is a matter of personal preference), while racing gloves need to be longer, extending over the wrist like a gauntlet, to cover the wrist area and to fit over a racing suit. Race gloves are also made of leather, while textile is a commonly used material for road gloves.
The fabric of textile gloves can vary from very simple nylon to high-tech abrasion-resistant materials like Superfabric. The latter is a popular choice for its incredible strength and resistance to wear, but be careful if your gloves have this material – you could easily ruin your visor or scratch your paintwork with what seems like a gentle rub. Neoprene, Lycra, and other stretchy materials are often used in gloves as well to help with fit, comfort, and breathability.
Leather gloves can be made from a variety of materials, from tanned animal hides to artificial leather. Bovine leather is the most popular choice for gloves, but goatskin is also used frequently because it is a common manufacturing resource and is very durable. Kangaroo hide is seen as the best material for gloves because it is very thin and lightweight, which provides a great tactile feel, and it is also much stronger than cowhide and goatskin. Buffalo leather can also be used for gloves, though it is not as popular as the other materials. There are also vegan leather gloves available for people who do not want to wear gloves made from animal products. However, be sure to look for “synthetic” leather when researching these gloves, as some vegan leather products are not actually made from leather.
Hard knuckle protection became popularized among road riders after it was initially developed for track cyclists, who were at risk of their knuckles becoming trapped between the bike and the track during low-side crashes.
And here is an interesting fact if you are planning a road tour of Europe. If you want to ride a motorcycle or scooter in France, you need to wear CE-certified gloves. This is a France-only rule and is not part of the PPE initiative being forced onto other motorcycle clothing.
Why Choose Textile Gloves Over Leather?
Textile gloves can be just as effective as leather gloves when it comes to protecting your hands while you’re riding. In fact, they have a number of advantages over their leather counterparts.
For one thing, textile gloves are usually more breathable than leather gloves, so your hands are less likely to get sweaty while you’re wearing them. Additionally, textile gloves tend to be less expensive than leather gloves, so they’re a great option if you’re looking for a budget-friendly option.
Why Choose Leather Gloves Over Textile?
Leather gloves offer a more fitted feel to a rider’s hand in comparison to textile gloves and are more adept at handling vibrations from the handlebars.
Leather gloves usually last longer than textile gloves, however, they need to be taken care of regularly to stop the leather from drying out. If you fall while wearing leather gloves, they usually just slide across the road. Textile gloves, on the other hand, are more likely to get stuck and cause your accident to be worse. (Most textile gloves have palm sliders to prevent this from happening).
Leather gloves are stronger than other gloves and are resistant to wind and water. However, they are not waterproof and conduct more heat, which can make them uncomfortable to wear in warm weather.
1. Tour Master Summer Gloves – Men’s and Women’s Best Motorcycle Gloves for Summer
- Supple, protective, perforated nappa goatskin leather backhand with breathable stretch fourchettes
- Breathable air mesh top panel provides added ventilation and flexibility
- Durable nappa goatskin leather palm, with light EVA foam padding to reduce shock and vibration
- Touchscreen compatible conductive goatskin leather on thumb and index finger
- Thumb and index finger reinforcement panels to help resist wear
Tour Master got its start about three decades ago, and this experience has allowed the manufacturer to develop affordable and sturdy motorbike gloves. The company produces various motorcycle apparel. It aims to offer value for the cost, and these gloves prove the promised quality.
These items are fantastic for summer. This model comes in six different sizes, so you need to choose the model attentively. It is manufactured with Nappa leather, and the perforated design will look cool through the season. Besides, the top panel offers enough air to your hands.
The design of the product also allows taking care of the gloves easily and making them look good for a long time. For example, it has reinforcements on two fingers to prevent them from getting damaged.
Want to answer your phone while on the road? No problem, as this product is made with touchscreen-compatible covers on two fingers. This design eliminates the need to take off the gloves to answer a call or send a message.
Another thing I like is that these Tour Master gloves have extended slip-on cuffs. If the sleeves of your jacket are of a standard length, you won’t have any open space on your wrists and above. If you need to change the fit, these items have a secure hook.
In my opinion, these items are the best summer motorcycle gloves for male and female cyclists. You can easily pick the right model, and this product also offers high levels of comfort.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Come in different sizes
- Touchscreen compatible
- Extended slip-on cuffs
- No knuckle protection
2. TitanOps Hard Knuckle Gloves – The Most Durable Men’s Motorcycle Summer Gloves
- Protection: Our durable full finger gloves shields knuckles and prevents cuts and injuries
- Comfort: Microfiber, leather lycra, nylon, extra stitching. Keeps hands warm but also breathes well
- Function: Reinforced palm, adjustable wrist strap allows for flexibility, grip, and warmth
- Durablity: Great for hunting, tactical training, outdoors, riding, cycling, airsoft, cosplay
- Maintenance: Perfect for long-term use and safe for machine wash. Easy to clean and dries fast
These gloves have the look of military gear and are also quite durable. The knuckles have shields, and this protection is hard enough even to withstand falls, in case of any.
The gloves are also quite comfortable, as they are made with high-quality microfiber, nylon, and leather lycra. These items are breathable and will keep your hands cool even during long rides. However, this product is not the best for colder weather since it lets in a lot of fresh air.
Although they are made with a lot of fabric, these gloves won’t irritate or abrade your skin. You can expect this product to last for years since these items are produced with high-quality materials. Also, the stressed areas of the gloves are double-row stitched.
Maintaining these gloves is also quite simple. You can clean them in your washing machine, and they dry out pretty fast. As an extra advantage, the product is resistant to bacteria and odors, meaning you won’t need to clean them now and then.
Aside from riding your motorcycle, you can use these gloves for hunting, hiking, and even tactical training. The rubber-reinforced knuckles make these TitanOps items ideal for street fighting and other forms of combat. In my opinion, these gloves are the strongest and most durable available on the market. The items are perfect for people who often ride on bumpy roads.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Protect knuckles
- Resistant to bacteria
- The size chart is not very accurate
3. Milwaukee MG7510-BLK-L Gloves – Practical Men’s Summer Motorcycle Gloves
- ✅ Gel Padded Palm Motorcycle Gloves | Our gel padded palm motorcycle gloves provide exceptional grip and vibration reduction to enhance comfort during rides for a better overall riding experience. The stretch side of the full finger biker gloves adds extra comfort and softness while riding bike. These motorcycle gloves for men are specifically designed to excel in spring, summer, and fall weather conditions.
- ✅ Adjustable Wrist Strap Men's Driving Gloves | Experience the perfect fit with our full finger men's driving gloves, featuring an adjustable wrist strap closure for a customized and secure fit. These motorcycle gloves for men are designed with reinforced palms, ergonomic shapes, and adjustable closures, offering an exceptional sense of spaciousness while riding. The stretch side of these biker accessories men gloves adds extra comfort and softness, ensuring a pleasant ride on your bike.
- ✅ Premium Cowhide Leather Riding Gloves | Our specially crafted full-grain black cowhide leather riding gloves offer premium protection for your hands and fingers. Made from impermeable cow skin, biker gear gloves provide a perfect blend of style and comfort. With their thicker and stronger construction, they are built to withstand tough riding conditions while delivering long-lasting performance. Cowhide leather will continue to soften over time and with use, it retains its durability.
- ✅ Luxuriously Soft Leather Gloves | Soft leather gloves are equipped with a lightly lined, full panel coverage for optimal safety, these gloves are crafted from buttery soft leather, ensuring both comfort and style, and enhancing your ride with confidence and sophistication. Moreover, our gloves are designed to provide exceptional comfort in warm weather conditions, making them ideal for bikers seeking a comfortable and enjoyable ride.
- ✅ Motorcycle Leather Apparel: Experience the quality and craftsmanship of Milwaukee leather. We are the top manufacturer of motorcycle leather apparel our men's full finger leather gloves are also suitable for teens women’s and various activities such as atv, sport, cycling, scooter, outdoor work, handlebar, street & dirt bike, hiking, camping and natural mobility, perfect for powersports enthusiasts. Milwaukee Leather - Once You Have It, You Love It.
The Milwaukee brand prides itself on producing high-quality biking gear with a distinctive touch. Its products are made with full-grain cowhide leather, and it is very high in quality. These particular gloves come in seven sizes, and all of the models are black. The material makes for a stylish look.
I found these items very comfortable to wear, and I regularly use this pair for long commutes. The palms are padded with gel, and it adds to the overall comfort of the product. To fasten the gloves on your wrists, you need to use the adjustable strap closure. The only problem you may experience is that this pair is a bit heavy.
These gloves have perforations meant to promote adequate airflow in warm weather. This way, your palms will not get sweaty. It makes these items especially suitable for high-speed rides in the scorching heat of summer. On the flip side, such a design means that you shouldn’t wear this pair in cold weather.
I would say that these items are the best men’s summer gloves for those who like practical clothes. These Milwaukee gloves will keep your hands cool and provide high levels of protection.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Made of soft leather
- Extremely durable
- A bit heavy
4. Protect the King Biker Gloves – Men’s Summer Motorcycle Riding Gloves for Large Hands
- #1 RATED TOUCHSCREEN: Reported "The best touchscreen gloves on the market." by consumers. PTK Alpha-Touch Upgrade released in 2018 has ranked the SWIFT as the BEST touchscreen glove on the market for half the price of the competition.
- PREMIUM AIR-MESH: We pride ourselves in only using the best quality air mesh for supreme breathability.
- REINFORCED PALM: PTK offers a double layered padded leather reinforced palm for durability, abrasion resistance, and vibration support. Fingers are pre-curved to assist with riding fatigue. Leather covered knuckle guard for added impact support and durability.
- PTK AIRFLOW: Breathable technology between the fingers to wick away moisture, keeping your palm cool and dry.
- 100% GUARANTEE: Buy with confidence through our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee brought to you by Protect the King.
This pair is known as the best touchscreen gloves on the market. Wearing these items, you can use your smartphone, answer calls, or read messages without having to take off your gloves. Many bikers stressed out this feature is very important and useful while on the road.
This pair of gloves comes in six sizes, from small to 3X. It is important to note that they do not stretch a lot, so you need to go for the exact size after measuring your palms. If you like it when gloves are a bit tight, thus, assuring a firm grip, I would suggest you go for one size smaller. On the flip side, people with large hands will be in luck with this product, especially since it is hard to find extra-large models.
Compared to many other high-quality gloves on the market, these items are much cheaper. But before you make your purchase, note that they may not be the longest-lasting. To prevent this product from getting damaged, you should store the gloves accurately and avoid getting the Velcro stuck on other parts of the items.
Protection is another important factor to consider when choosing summer bike gloves. Even though this pair is not meant to last for very long, it still offers high levels of protection to your hands and knuckles. It is designed with leather-covered knuckle guards to protect your hands in case of an impact.
I also want to mention that these Protect The King items come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not pleased with the performance of these gloves, you can return them and get your money back. Because of the large sizes of the gloves, I would say that these models are ideal for men. Generally, people who have trouble finding gloves that fit them settle on this product.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Touchscreen compatible
- Protect knuckles
- Sizes can be confusing
5. Scoyco Protective Motorcycle Gloves – Best Motorcycle Summer Gloves for Bumpy Roads
- 【Full Protection】There is injection shell protection on palm and back of hand, makes it more wear resistant, keep fingers and knuckles from getting injured and bruised. Increase the impact and shock resistance as a professional motorcycle gloves.
- 【Anti-Skid】The palm was design using a 3D classic PVC particles to strengthen the anti-slip function, which provides a full range of grasping conditions and absorbs shock while riding.
- 【Comfortable & Breathable】Made of breathable polyester with the breathable hole on the palm, durable and comfortable, offers a soft and comfortable feeling, suitable for all seasons.
- 【Multi-Function】A classic look and all the features you could ever want. Ideal for BMX ATV MTB riding, road racing, cycling, motocross, climbing, camping, hiking, skating etc. These motocross gloves are great for both men and women.
- 【Easy to Wear】These motorbike gloves come with adjustable velcro closure for a better fit to the wrist and makes it easier to wear. Tips: The size of these gloves are Asian size. Please order one size bigger! Or choose the corresponding size according to the size chart.
Scoyco is a relatively new company that focuses on the design and development of motorcycle apparel. Besides gloves, the Scoyco company manufactures boots, protectors, bags, and other apparel.
This particular pair of gloves offers an extremely stylish look. It is manufactured with sturdy black and green canvas, matching the styles of most bikers.
For shock and impact resistance, these gloves were developed with injection shell protection. This form of protection covers the palms and backs of hands. With this level of security, this model is useful for beginners, as well as experienced bike riders.
In addition to the protection, you will also enjoy high levels of comfort. These items are manufactured with breathable materials so that during hot summer days, you will ride comfortably.
One disadvantage to note about this product is that this pair can’t be used with a smartphone. Whenever you need to see a text message or answer a call, you have to get rid of the gloves first, and that may be quite inconvenient. As some people have noted, this product is studded for a proper grip. That’s what makes the items unsuitable for use with smartphones.
I would say that this Scoyco apparel is the best pick for people who need protection above all. Besides biking, you can wear these items for trekking, hiking, and even household jobs.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Protective enough to be used on any road
- A fantastic design
- Allows proper airflow
- Studded for a proper grip
- Not touchscreen compatible
6. Oro Biker Motorcycle Gloves – The Best Waterproof Summer Motorcycle Gloves
- MATERIAL: Premium Quality Goat Skin Leather and Summer Air Mesh for supreme breathability.
- TOUCHSCREEN: Thumb and index finger work well with all touchscreen devices while wearing gloves.
- PROTECTION: knuckle protector, fingers and palm padding offer maximum protection for your hand.
- COMFORTABLE: Nicely sewing for maximum durability and adjustable Velcro for a comfortable fit.
- COLOURS DIFFERENCE: Product Colour May Slightly Different From Actual Products Due to the Lighting During Photo Shooting or the Monitor's Display.
It is another excellent pair of motorcycle gloves that I can advocate for anyone. This product has been rated highly by almost all the previous buyers. It points to the top-notch quality and reliability of the production. The Oro manufacturer stands for remarkable customer satisfaction and competitive market prices.
For comfort, these gloves are designed with soft goat leather and Velcro for fastening. Unlike other models, these items can be fastened comfortably to meet the size of your hands. The Velcro will prevent the items from sliding off as you ride your bike. With a wide range of sizes, you can select a pair to your preference.
This Oro product is also quite affordable, and unless you wear them daily, these items will serve you for many seasons. Many bikers have noted that the items can withstand extreme wear and tear during the longest rides.
Besides, this pair is manufactured with knuckle protection to keep your hands safe as you ride your bike. The palm and finger parts have padding for extra safety. They are sturdy enough to be used not only for rides but in workshops.
I want to mention that the product is touchscreen capable. Only the thumb and first finger parts are enhanced to allow typing on your phone, but that’s sufficient for general use. These gloves also come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Thus, you are assured of the first-class quality of the product. If you don’t like this pair for some reason, you return it and get a refund.
As for me, the gloves are ideal for people who live in places where it rains often. Even though these items are designed for summer use, they are made water-resistant. Thus, they won’t get damaged by moisture.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Made by a reliable brand
- An affordable price
- Well-designed Velcro
- Not suitable for daily use and long bike rides
7. Chcycle Motorcycle Gloves – The Most Stylish Waterproof Summer Motorcycle Gloves
- Size is alittle smaller, we suggest you to buy one bigger size than size chart.Ergonomic design, three-dimensional drop protection fist shell, make you ride more safely
- With function of screen touch, breathable,anti-slip,wearable,comfortable and fashionable
- Tigers design, the use of high-strength two-wire reinforcement to extend the life of the gloves
- Stretch finger sidewalls,shock-absorbing foam have a better protective effect
- Combined with ergonomic design, the joint position to join the anti-collision protection plastic chapter effectively reduce the impact of impact
It seems like the Chcycle manufacturer focused on the style of their products. You are sure to catch some compliments wearing these items.
For ultimate comfort, the manufacturer made these models available in a wide range of sizes. However, the size chart may not be very accurate, as the gloves seem to be in the smaller size. Therefore, I recommend selecting one size larger.
It is one of the few products on the market where the price does not correspond to the quality. These items have a very low price tag, but they are rich in features and high-quality ones. One useful point to mention is that the pair be used with a smartphone.
Although only the tips of two main fingers are touchscreen compatible, this feature is present on both hands. Many other brands claim to have such finger covers, but they have poor functionality. With this pair, you will be able to type comfortably.
This quality product is strengthened by a two-wire construction, known as Tigers design. This way, you can expect these gloves not to wear and tear for an extended period. Note that these items are meant to be used during summer only. If you wear this pair in colder seasons, your hands may freeze.
I would say that these waterproof motorcycle gloves are ideal for bikers who are mainly interested in style. This pair excels in other aspects, as well, but the key selling characteristics are the red and blue designs available.[wpsm_column size=”one-half”][wpsm_pros title=”Positives:”]
- Visually appealing
- Touchscreen compatible
- Sizes are not perfectly accurate
How to Choose the Best Summer Motorcycle Gloves?
There are a few things to keep in mind when selecting the perfect pair of summer motorcycle gloves.
Material. Gloves made of natural materials like leather or cotton are usually the most comfortable in warm weather. Synthetic materials can be more breathable, but they may not be as comfortable in the heat.
Fit. Gloves should be snug but not too tight. They should also allow for some movement so you can easily grip the handlebars.
Style. There are many different options to choose from, so pick a pair that you think will look good with your outfit.
Summers are known to be often hot and temperatures can be unbearable at times. If you are planning on riding during these months, you will need gloves to help keep your hands dry. Sweaty hands can make driving very uncomfortable and affect response time and driving experience. Be sure to choose gloves with well-ventilated fingers and a well-perforated back. This will keep your hands dry and comfortable while you enjoy your ride.
Although it may be hot, you should not sacrifice protection by wearing gloves with less coverage. Any accident can occur at any time, so it is always best to be as prepared as possible. Be sure to buy gloves that have sufficient protection for the knuckles and fingers, as well as well-protected palms.
It’s important that your riding gloves protect you without sacrificing flexibility. After all, your safety depends on your ability to react quickly. Make sure your new gloves allow you plenty of flexibility to easily access the controls.
After years of experience, veterans know that a good motorcycle ride requires a high-quality pair of gloves. You need gloves that will last a long time, protect you from falls, and keep you comfortable.
Are leather gloves good for summer?
Although leather is a good material for gloves because it is protective, it is not very breathable. If you are looking for gloves made of leather, make sure to find ones that have perforations to allow better airflow.
Should motorcycles wear full-fingered gloves?
You will need at least a set of short-fingered gloves to protect your hands while riding. Full-fingered gloves offer more protection than short-fingered gloves. Most sport bike riders use full-fingered gloves. Some are gauntlet style or just regular gloves.
What type of gloves should I buy?
The type of gloves you should buy for everyday use depends on the climate. If you live in a cold climate, you should buy gloves that are made of polyester, spandex, or fleece. These materials will provide you with the maximum amount of warmth possible. The casual gloves that you can use in warmer weather should have two layers: an outer waterproof layer, and an inner lining to keep your hands warm.
Should leather gloves be tight?
A leather glove should fit your hand similar to how a leather jacket would fit your body — not too snug and not too loose. You don’t want too much room around your fingers, however, you still want to be able to clench a fist comfortably — keep in mind, that the skin will stretch a little over time.
The Final Word
When choosing the best summer motorcycle gloves, don’t just check mentions of the breathability of the models. Many other factors allow for differentiating the best gloves from the worst. In my opinion, the best summer bike gear on this list is Milwaukee Men’s Summer Cruising Gloves. This particular pair is a sturdy and top-quality one. The only con is that the pair is not fitted with functional Velcro adjustments.
However, I want to say that each of these products is suitable for the specific needs and preferences of motorcycle riders. For example, some models will work ideal for bikers who are planning to ride through rough terrain or wet areas. Go through the reviews above attentively and choose the pair that will meet your needs and wishes.
Have you ever used any of these motorcycle products? Do you know any other bike gloves that I should have reviewed? Let me know in the comments below.