Husqvarna Motorcycles has a long and storied history in the world of off-road and adventure motorcycling. From its humble beginnings in Sweden to its current partnership with KTM, the brand has built a legacy of high-quality, innovative motorcycles that cater to a wide range of riders. In this article, we will explore the history of Husqvarna Motorcycles, discuss their relationship with KTM, provide an extensive list of models, and share some interesting statistics about the brand.
Table of Contents
A Brief History of Husqvarna Motorcycles
Founded in 1689, Husqvarna initially started as a weapons foundry in Sweden. Over time, the company branched out into various industries, including sewing machines, bicycles, and eventually motorcycles. Here are some important dates in Husqvarna’s motorcycle history:
- 1903: Husqvarna produces its first motorcycle.
- 1953: The company starts focusing on off-road motorcycles, particularly motocross and enduro models.
- 1987: Husqvarna is acquired by Italian motorcycle manufacturer Cagiva.
- 2007: BMW acquires Husqvarna Motorcycles.
- 2013: KTM, an Austrian motorcycle manufacturer, acquires Husqvarna from BMW.
Husqvarna and KTM: A Powerful Partnership
Since the acquisition by KTM in 2013, Husqvarna has benefited from the shared resources and engineering expertise of both companies. This partnership has allowed Husqvarna to continue producing high-quality motorcycles while leveraging KTM’s experience and technology. As a result, Husqvarna has expanded its lineup and improved the performance and features of its models.
Husqvarna Motorcycle Models
Over the years, Husqvarna has produced a wide range of motorcycle models catering to various riding styles and preferences. Below is an extensive list of models, along with their basic characteristics:
- CR125: A lightweight, nimble 125cc two-stroke motocross bike.
- TC125: A modern 125cc two-stroke motocross bike with advanced suspension and engine technology.
- TC250: A powerful 250cc two-stroke motocross bike for experienced riders.
Two-Stroke Enduro Models:
- TE 150i: The TE 150i is a lightweight and nimble two-stroke enduro motorcycle with a 150cc fuel-injected engine. Its compact size and agility make it perfect for tackling tight, technical terrain.
- TE 250i: This motorcycle features a 250cc fuel-injected two-stroke engine, offering a powerful yet controllable power output. The TE 250i is a great choice for riders looking for a balance of performance and lightweight handling.
- TE 300i: The TE 300i is equipped with a 300cc fuel-injected two-stroke engine, providing impressive power and torque. It is designed for riders who want a strong, high-performance enduro bike capable of tackling challenging off-road conditions.
Four-Stroke Enduro Models (FE Series):
- FE 250: A lightweight, compact enduro motorcycle with a 250cc four-stroke engine. It offers excellent handling and maneuverability for riders who prefer a more nimble and agile bike.
- FE 350: Featuring a 350cc four-stroke engine, the FE 350 delivers a strong and linear power output, suitable for a wide range of terrain and riding conditions. It combines the agility of a smaller bike with the power and torque of a larger displacement motorcycle.
- FE 450: The FE 450 is equipped with a 450cc four-stroke engine and offers a balance of power and handling for more experienced riders. Its strong engine performance and lightweight chassis make it a top choice for off-road enthusiasts seeking a competitive edge.
- FE 501: As the most powerful bike in the FE series, the FE 501 has a 510.4cc four-stroke engine. It is designed for riders who demand top-level performance and require a bike that can handle extreme off-road conditions with ease.
- FS450: A race-ready 450cc four-stroke supermoto bike with exceptional handling and performance.
- 701 Supermoto: The 701 Supermoto is powered by a 692.7cc single-cylinder engine that delivers strong, smooth power and torque across the rev range. The motorcycle features a lightweight, high-strength chromoly steel frame, fully adjustable suspension, and powerful Brembo brakes for superior handling and braking performance.
- Norden 901: The Norden 901 is a capable adventure motorcycle designed for long-distance touring and off-road exploration. It is powered by a 901cc parallel-twin engine that delivers a smooth, strong, and linear power output, making it suitable for various types of terrain and riding conditions. The Norden 901 features a comfortable, ergonomic riding position, advanced suspension systems, and a range of high-quality components to ensure exceptional performance, reliability, and rider comfort during extended journeys.
- 701 Enduro: The Husqvarna 701 Enduro is often classified as a dual-sport or adventure motorcycle. It is designed to perform well in both on-road and off-road conditions, providing riders with the versatility to tackle various types of terrain and riding situations. The 701 Enduro is powered by a 692.7cc single-cylinder engine and features advanced suspension systems, lightweight construction, and a comfortable riding position, making it a popular choice for riders seeking a capable and reliable all-around motorcycle for both adventure riding and daily commuting.
- EE 5: A compact electric off-road motorcycle for young riders, offering a quiet and eco-friendly riding experience.
Husqvarna Motorcycle Statistics
Husqvarna Motorcycles has consistently been a leader in off-road racing and innovation. The brand has earned numerous championships and accolades in various disciplines, such as motocross, enduro, and supermoto. Some notable statistics about Husqvarna Motorcycles include:
- Over 80 world titles in motocross, enduro, and supermoto since 1960.
- Husqvarna has consistently been among the top contenders in various off-road racing championships, including the FIM Motocross World Championship, the FIM Enduro World Championship, and the FIM Supermoto World Championship.
- The brand’s innovative approach has led to the development of advanced technologies such as fuel injection for two-stroke engines and high-quality electric motorcycles for young riders.
Husqvarna Motorcycles in Popular Culture
Husqvarna motorcycles have made a significant impact not only in the off-road riding community but also in popular culture. Their iconic design and performance have captured the attention of movie producers, TV shows, and famous riders. In this article, we’ll delve into the influence of Husqvarna motorcycles in popular culture, showcasing their widespread appeal and timeless charm.
Husqvarna Motorcycles in Movies
Husqvarna motorcycles have been featured in numerous movies, often as a symbol of freedom, adventure, and ruggedness. Some notable appearances include:
- On Any Sunday (1971): This classic motorcycle documentary, directed by Bruce Brown, features legendary riders like Malcolm Smith and Mert Lawwill. Husqvarna motorcycles play a significant role in the film, showcasing their dominance in off-road racing during the late 1960s and early 1970s.
- The Great Escape (1963): Although not a Husqvarna, Steve McQueen’s famous motorcycle jump scene in this movie inspired a generation of riders and helped popularize off-road motorcycling. McQueen was an avid Husqvarna rider in real life, further cementing the brand’s connection to this iconic moment in cinema.
Husqvarna Motorcycles on TV
Television has also embraced the allure of Husqvarna motorcycles:
- Long Way Up (2020): In this adventure motorcycle travel series, actors Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman ride electric Harley-Davidson motorcycles, while their support crew follows on Husqvarna 701 Enduro motorcycles. The series highlights the durability and off-road prowess of Husqvarna bikes.
Famous Riders and Endorsements
Husqvarna motorcycles have attracted the attention of many famous riders and celebrities who have endorsed the brand:
- Steve McQueen: Known as the “King of Cool,” Steve McQueen was an avid off-road motorcycle rider and a fan of Husqvarna motorcycles. He owned and raced several Husqvarna bikes, and his association with the brand helped elevate its status in popular culture.
- Graham Jarvis: This renowned British enduro rider has won numerous extreme enduro events, including the Erzberg Rodeo and Red Bull Romaniacs, aboard Husqvarna motorcycles. Jarvis’ incredible riding skills and success have helped promote the brand and its off-road capabilities.
Husqvarna motorcycles’ influence in popular culture extends beyond the off-road riding community, making them a symbol of adventure, freedom, and ruggedness. By exploring their appearances in movies, TV shows, and endorsements by famous riders, we can see how Husqvarna motorcycles have become an iconic part of motorcycle culture throughout the years.
Husqvarna motorcycle, a part of our history
In conclusion, Husqvarna Motorcycles boasts a rich history and an impressive lineup of models suitable for various riding styles and preferences. Their partnership with KTM has further strengthened the brand, resulting in cutting-edge technology and continued success in the world of off-road motorcycling.
If you what to visit Husqvarna Website click here.
To find a dealer near you click here.
For more information on choosing the right motorcycle, check out this guide on the best motorcycle for beginners. To equip yourself with essential gear for your motorcycle adventures, visit must-have motorcycle gear.
Meet Simon, the 46-year-old aficionado behind YourMotoBro. With a lifelong passion ignited by motocross dreams and a Canadian Tire bicycle, Simon’s journey has been nothing short of extraordinary. From coaching underwater hockey to mastering muddy terrains, he’s an authority in thrill and adventure. Certified as an Off-Road Vehicle Excursion Guide and trained in Wilderness First Aid, Simon’s love for bikes is as diverse as his collection—from a robust BMW GSA R1200 to the memories of a Harley Davidson Night Train. By day a respected telephony consultant, by night a motorcycle maestro, Simon’s tales are a blend of expertise, resilience, and undying passion. 🏍️✨